S&P Global CorporateThe Team: Be part of a Global AR & Credit team to provide functional and technical management expertise The essential function and responsibilities for our AR Analyst and the diversity of function for the AR Team a key business position for us as we maximize our shareholder value are as followsThe Impact: The Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for all cash application/AR, chargebacks, deductions, invoicing, and collections around the order to cash cycle Must possess two years of cash application experience and strong skills in applying cash/receipts to the customer accountsWhat's in it for you:
- Opportunity to be part of S&P Global, a growing global organization that powers the markets of the future.
- Be part of a Global AR & including collections of receivables, and support of incoming client billing inquires application of AR cash receipts, and related reporting and analysis
- Apply customer payments to accounts accurately and efficiently
- Analyze applied payments and process invoice adjustments as necessary
- Establish strong working relationships and maintain effective communications with all customers internal and external
- Reconcile daily/weekly/monthly bank activities including all cash, check, credit card, and ach deposits, and prepared any journal entries to record miscellaneous deposits or correct posting errors.
- Analyze data and customer accounts to ensure resulting payments are accurate and compliance with policies and procedures
- Manage credits, chargeback, and deductions for returns from the bank or Credit Card
- Download bank statements and reconcile with the bank files
- Post complex payment and contractual adjustment to client accounts
- Identify duplicate/overpayment and collaborate with the customer and /or collection analyst to prepare a refund
- Collaborate with internal business partners such as Accounting, Billings, and AR to ensure payments are allocated and/or reconcile appropriately
- Resolve all unidentified and unapplied payments in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with auditor requests during quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and contracts
- Assist all Divisions with a request for backup of checks as well as research and resolve inquiries
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reports, as necessary
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people globally supporting not only internal employees but also our external customers globally to resolve issues.
- Must be able to work independently, be accountable for processes/tasks performed, and understand when an issue should be escalated to management
- Ability to multitask and work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Strong Excel, and Outlook
What We're Looking For: Qualification and Experience
- 2+-years of AR experience related to the above responsibilities/accountabilities
- Excellent customer experience/service skillset.
- College level accounting degree preferred
- Experience with Oracle R12, PIMS, Ariba, and Tasks product preferred
- Willingness to learn our new systems and legacy systems at a fast pace
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required the ability to interact and collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels of management and staff globally
- A high degree of accuracy and management of heavy workload understanding of contributions to the overall end to end process possess a global perspective of how functions impact the company as a whole.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products specifically Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word
- Must be assertive to follow up on resolving issues ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Must be able to work independently, be accountable for processes/tasks performed, and understand when an issue should be elevated to management
- Flexible to work in shifting schedules, primarily to match the US working hours and render overtime when there is a strong business need
- Must be willing to work in India Office during US working hours.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts For more information, visit www.
spglobalcomS&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings.
Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy Equal Opportunity Employer:S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employmentIf you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.
Compliance@spglobalcom and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)