Job Description Business: AMG Risk Role Title: AMG Risk Manager Location: Bangalore, India Shift Timing: Flexible Why join us?
- HSBC Global Asset Management (AMG) manages approximately USD500bn with 2,500 employees across 25 countries (money managed in 15)
- AMG Risk's role is to protect the HSBC Group, clients and meet regulators' and other stakeholders' requirements whilst enabling AMG's growth
- AMG Risk forms a critical part of AMG's products - we oversee the way client monies are managed to ensure alignment with client requirements and marketing literature as well as regulation This is a critical requirement of all clients and their advisors
- We manage these risks through a combination of limits and controls to ensure risks remain within our risk appetite.
We then aggregate and report risk data to highlight material risks and support good decision making Where necessary, these risks are escalated to senior management and risk governance committees to facilitate management decisions, challenge and remediation
- The purpose of the AMG Risk Manager role is to identify and manage current risks, for example by preparing and reviewing risk reports on a regular basis, and by monitoring emerging risks as they arise
- The scope of the role is broad and is expected to cover both financial (ie.
market, liquidity, credit, counterparty) and non-financial risks
- Internal drivers of change include the introduction of new investment fund products, business initiatives as well as strategic data and systems alignment External drivers include client and regulatory requirements
- The role-holder is expected to brief senior management on the assessment of material business risks and the adequacy of any mitigation or remediation plans in respect of those risks
- The role is required to ensure that risk management policies and procedures are implemented and the role holder may be required to train and support less senior colleagues.
What you'll do:
- Apply excellent knowledge and understanding of market and other risks
- Produce or review high quality risk reports on market, counterparty, liquidity, operational and compliance risk
- Investigate and resolve or escalate issues, excesses and inconsistencies
- Follow up exceptions with the investment advisor
- Enhance risk management oversight
- Implement and maintain a robust risk management framework
- Ensure Investment Advisory Agreements correctly reflect the risk monitoring obligations of the investment adviser
- Monitor investment restrictions
- Assist with the preparation and review of impact calculations
- Deal with multiple regulatory regimes, including Luxembourg, Ireland, UK and HK regulations
Qualifications What you will need to succeed in the role:
- 4-5 years' experience in Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of financing transactions (Repo, Securities Lending, etc) and liquidity management
- Strong data analysis, problem solving and analytical skills
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- Possess a strong knowledge of control design and metrics.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders
- Knowledge of operational risk frameworks and controls within an Institutional operating environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a positive and pro-active 'can do' attitude
- Familiarity with risk-modelling and toolsets eg R (or Matlab etc.
), Python (or another programming language), Tableau (or similar visualisation tool)
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Master's degree and/or CFA, FRM, PRM certification
- Good communicator (oral and written) especially of technical issues to non-specialists
- Able to interact effectively at senior levels
You'll achieve more at HSBC HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc, We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role" ***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***