Job Description : JOB DESCRIPTION Skill Java Microservices Architect Role T1 Key responsibility
- Provides hands-on development
- Architect and design frameworks used by applications that are running on J2EE platform
- Provide hands-on engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques
- Create, refactor, and / or implement Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and / or Microservice Architectures
- Assist with and understand the building of applications using stored procedures, functions, and triggers on RDBMS such as Oracle and/ or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB
- Own the quality of the product, from code architecture to end-user quality.
- Engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of our applications and architecture
- Sponsor innovation within your team's work
- Articulate context internally for the team and to the larger organization
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions
- Provide the technical coaching to get your team to experiment and to solve technical problems in unique ways.
- Organize the accumulated knowledge gained by the team so that all team members have easy access to this body of knowledge
- Collaborate across business, engineering and product stakeholders to drive holistic technology implementations while maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives
- Mentor scrum teams with best DevOps practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 5 years current experience being a solid contributor to agile software development teams as an Architect
- Experience successfully working with Developers, Architects and Product Owners to give options for potential solutions.
- Successfully delivered software solutions from ideation to production
- 8-10 years of hands-on coding experience in Java, major OO language
- 8-10 years of hands-on experience in engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques
- 5-7 years of hands on experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservice Architecture.
- Experience architecting and designing frameworks to be used by applications that are running on a J2EE platform
- Working knowledge building applications using stored procedures, functions, and triggers on a RDBMS such as Oracle and / or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB
- Working knowledge of continuous integration using Maven, Jenkins, Chef, and Artifactory
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks Understands and can implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Exposure to Cloud Environment
About Virtusa Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need