Your field of responsibilityYou will be based in Pune office as part of the Cleared Derivatives Control team in Global Operations department The team is a global team responsible for post-trade processing of exchange traded derivatives and OTC cleared products We are strategic partners with the business in maintaining control and supporting the growth of our Investment Bank Division As a senior member in the team your main responsibilities include the following: Collateral & Margin Operations APAC Responsible for handling critical, time-sensitive margin settlements with clients and exchanges/CCPs(central clearing counterparties)/brokers for cleared derivatives products across APAC exchanges.
Responsible to ensure margin calls with various exchanges are funded on time and clients' movements are processed accordingly Liquidity management ie, sending funding requirements across exchanges, cash adjustments.
Processing fund transfers as per Global Fund Transfer policy Daily Reconciliations against Banks, Exchanges, brokers, investigate breaks and ensure all reconciliations are completed in time Journal postings - Post manual journals in back-office systems for various transaction MIS Reporting: Funding projections distribution, collateral & margin call reporting, generate various financial reports, daily CCP projection reporting Responsible for static set up for accounts on the back-office systems .
Responsible for set up of standard settlement instructions for margin payments Compliance to Regulatory Obligations and Reporting Be part of the team responsible for accurate, complete and timely completion of regulatory obligations and report submissions to CCPs, exchanges and regulators in APAC Maintain up-to-date regulatory compliance risk matrix to ensure that controls are in place to mitigate risk of non-compliance Gaps/issues are monitored and escalated to relevant management forums Partner with Compliance and Risk & Control teams on keeping tabs on the regulatory landscape .
Ensure compliance with Bank's internal policies and procedures Maintain up-to-date procedures Support internal and external audits, reviews and exams Stakeholder and Change Management Drive and support change programs sponsored by the Global Derivatives Business Drive and support change mandated by CCPs, Exchanges and Regulators .
Drive and support delivery of bank-wide programs and initiatives Continuous improvement of the function's control framework Maintain strong partnership within the larger Cleared Derivatives team and our vendor partner, FIS Derivatives Utility, who performs post-trade processing functions such as Clearing, Trade lifecycle, Margin Processing, Reconciliations, Reporting and Reference Data Your future colleaguesGlobal Operations carries out high-quality and efficient banking services to clients across the business divisions ensuring the excellent execution of millions of transactions daily We operate globally in five regions - 'Switzerland', 'APAC (excluding India)', 'Americas', 'India' and 'UK Entities, Wroclaw & Regional Offices' We apply a continual focus on improving productivity and efficiency while seeking new and innovative ways to support clients' changing needs.
We have hired the best of team members from the industry to challenge the status quo to add new value and make processes more efficient We thrive on innovation mentality that would make you come out of the comfort zone and experiment new things We also believe that our process should be designed to fix the root cause of the problem rather than just resolving the exceptions We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural valuesYour skills and experienceTo excel in this role, you should possess below:
- Investment Banking experience of 2-10 years in Operations in Listed and OTC Derivative space, with strong experience into margins, exchange facing business, payments.
You have good product knowledge and experience on exchange traded derivatives (listed futures and options) or centrally cleared derivatives (interest rate swaps, non-deliverable forwards, options, CDS) including the front-to-back trade flows and controls
- You have degree in Business, Finance or Accounting ie MBA
- Candidate must be willing to work in flexible shift although the role is APAC
- An outstanding understanding Collateral Management & Margins processing Trade Life Cycle, Client Services
- Expertise in payment processing & Reconciliation area such as making manual payments, trade, position, bank & nostro reconciliation and resolution, Stock record balancing, Collateral processing
- You have proven financial services market experience in one or more of the following areas: operations, regulatory compliance and reporting, risk management, external or internal audit, financial reporting or product control
- Team management experience added advantage, ability to supervise & prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work in intraday cut off scenario
- You have strong control approach, analytical skills and high degree of accuracy is essential
- Proven Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- You have strong communication in written, verbal and presentation skills, partner management
- You are able to craft strong positive working relationships across departments and vendor partners
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives