Job Description : IntroductionSoftware Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provideindustry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBMand our clients worldwide At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud ofYour Role and Responsibilities
- Review and implement functional business requirements and non-functional technical requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical design documents and drive implementation with developers
- Research and analyze new technologies to be used (eg.
, Libraries, IDE's, tools)
- Develop high-level architecture and detailed design for application stack backend
- Assist engineering and operational teams in debugging critical production problems
- Perform application code review, ensure creation and maintenance of appropriate artifacts for architecture and design work
- Develop back-end portions of web services
- You will primarily focus on building backend REST API services
- You will work to implement server-side or application logic and design architectures
- Create and talk to REST services
- Shift between multiple projects and technologies.
- Write clean code and test it throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards
- Work on software that is used by millions of people all around the world is a challenge that you're willing to tackle
- Perform peer reviews and mentor the team to evolve into full stack developers
- Encourage a self-motivated squad model of working from handling design, development, test and operations for the micro services
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Should have 3-5 experience on Back end services development and Microservices Architecture
- Proven experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes) along with considerable experience configuring and administrating Linux (or other Unix-like) systems
- Software engineering experience designing Enterprise Cloud Applications with Go Lang, C, C++, Python etc.
- Proven experience in REST API development experience (APIs like REST / RESTful APIs)
- Expertise in defining business architecture, business process definition & modelling, use cases, and requirements definition, and associated best practice processes for defining these artifacts
- Proven proficiency in grasping requirements and building illustrative features with minimal specifications
- Experience working in agile development environments
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of Networking concepts and experience in Network development
- Understanding of cloud storage concepts and experience in cloud storage development
- Knowledge of security and compliance standards & requirements
About Business UnitDigitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems.
IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamicsYour Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possibleImpact.
Inclusion Infinite Experiences Do your best work everAbout IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action.
IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countriesLocation StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your applicationBeing You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status