Job Description : We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products like: automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation Engines/systems, optimize and extend the features used by our existing classifier, etc Responsibilities:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Develop hypotheses and test carefully by experience; develop and improve predictive modeling algorithms; understand and work around possible limitations in models
- Analyze large datasets to produce statistical models and prediction tools.
- Visualize, interpret, report, and communicate data findings creatively in various formats to various stakeholders
- Conduct critical data analysis and prepare data sources to be analyzed
- Discover patterns, find meaning and produce actionable intelligence Work both autonomously and collaboratively when necessary in a fast-paced, competitive, multidisciplinary environment
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.
js, GGplot, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig etc
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Data-oriented personality
- Proficient at translating unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework
- BE/BTech/MCA/MTech/MSc in Computer Science
- Some development experience in at least one scripting language (Julia, Python, R.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyzes in a clear and efficient manner
- Highly collaborative and curious.
- Experience with any big data framework would be a plus
- 2-7 years experience
Important: Should be able to appear for personal interview in our office at Navi Mumbai Do not apply if you can not appear for personal interview No telephone round will be conducted