Job Description : Job Description At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives We're a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day We're guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work.
We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the worldData Engineer will directly report to and support Director of Finance Technologies in the development and execution of strategic transformation programs & initiatives, strategic engineering architecture design, resource allocation, and platform performance monitoring The nature of role is strategic, analytical and highly collaborative, working with team members across World and also as a liaison for Global projectsResponsibilities:
- Build scalable systems on Hadoop, Google Cloud Platform and SAP HANA Ecosystems, lead technical discussions, participate in code reviews, guide the team in engineering best practices.
Must be able to write quality code and build secure, highly available systems 75% of the job requires production quality coding
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support across multiple platforms (Unix, Python, GCP, Hadoop, SAP HANA,Teradata)
- Experience in building high-performance data pipelines at scale
- Work with data team to efficiently use Google Cloud platform to analyze data, build data models, and generate reports/visualizations
- Work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data/analytics technologies on cloud
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach, sense of responsibility, ownership and strong, positive customer focus Must be results focused and highly energetic to drive the defined team and organizational goals
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies
- Design, develop, troubleshoots and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent (must) and preferably with a Master's or MBA (good to have)
- Overall 3+ years of post-college working experience as a developer / architect in Engineering, or Data-Mining organization (must)
- 2+ years of DBMS, SQL experience is required
- 1+ years of Linux/Unix/Python coding experience (including scripting) is required
- Cloud Certifications (good to have)
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills ability to work with considerable ambiguity ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly Relentlessly resourceful and scrappy
- A great communicator, strong project management skills, and superb attention to details (must)
- Experience working in a global complex matrix organization involving multiple reporting lines.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currenciesPayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at paypalglobaltalentacquisition@paypalcomR0075634