A Career at HARMAN As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day What You Will Do :Job Responsibilities:The business development lead will be responsible for executing a business development strategy to develop and grow external Huemen client relationships The business development lead will work closely Huemen leaders, external clients, and project teams to execute the following:
- Relationship Building: You will be responsible to identify, establish, build and nurture relationships with external client partners at the required, appropriate decision maker level.
- Value Proposition: You will be required to insure the Huemen value proposition is regularly and clearly communicated via mass communications and marketing through to direct one-on-one communications with clients
- Lead Generation: In partnership with the larger Huemen team, you will proactively research, identify and qualify new leads You will drive communications with potential clients to communicate Huemen's process and capabilities You will be responsible for helping to craft a strategic outlook and ongoing prospect list for targeted conversations and opportunities for engagement
- Lead Reception: You will be responsible to receive and manage external leads as they organically come in-bound.
- Business Development Strategy: In collaboration with leadership and the rest of the project team leaders, you will build and maintain momentum around and oversee execution of a plan that supports the broader strategic goals of Huemen Forecasting and developing roadmaps is key
- Lead Conversations to the Negotiations and Business Closure Phase: Collaborate with all stakeholders to develop the appropriate project scope, pricing, and timing during the business development process according to the client's needs and Huemen's capabilities and capacity Develop and coordinate negotiations and closure
- Opportunity Framing: You will contribute to and assist in generating well-coordinated and compelling client project proposals, presentations and meetings, which not only address client needs, but also clearly articulate the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity to realize the Huemen mission statement.
You will also be expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging collaboratively with clients in an entrepreneurial way We expect you to not only understand and communicate Huemen's value proposition, but to also look for novel opportunities in order to advance our thinking
- Communication: You will be responsible for improving and maintaining known performance indicators (KPI) visibility, forecasting, and transparency in our pipeline and business development process This involves ensuring regular updates on in-process and emerging leads and clarity around accountability for moving the process forward
- Ongoing Client Relationship: You will be responsible to stay involved in client relations from conversion and through the project execution as a point person and consistent thread from start/lead generation to finish/delivery.
- Network development: Working with our leadership team, you will identify external opportunities to showcase Huemen and create meaningful connections to potential clients and to reinforce client relationships
What You Need :Performance Measurement:
- This role will be measured by incremental sales bookings and annual sales revenue
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in business development, strategic client relationships, account management, and/or product development within design consulting industry or other professional consulting firms
- An understanding of the design and product development process
- A successful process, track record, and evidence of proactive lead generation and deal closure.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) at all levels of organizations, both within clients, teams, and partner organizations is required
- A passion for great design is a must
- Proactive, intuitive, engaging, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and collaborative are important traits to be successful
- Excellent organization skills including time management, exceptional follow-up, and tracking progress
- Bachelor's degree required.
- UX, UI and ID design agency sales experience
- A design focused degree and/or MBA are a plus
- Domestic and Global travel (35-50%)
- Employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.
HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation ()