NTPC Limited, India's largest power company with an installed capacity of 52,946 MW, is presently operating 50 Stations (20 Coal based stations, 7 combined cycle gas/liquid fuel based stations, 2 Hydro based stations, 9 Joint Venture stations and 12 renewable energy projects). Commensurate with our country's growth challenges, NTPC has embarked upon an ambitious plan to attain a total installed capacity of 130 GW by 2032. To fuel its ambitious growth plan, NTPC is looking for promising, dedicated, energetic young Graduate Engineers with brilliant academic record to join the organization as:
ENGINEERING EXECUTIVE TRAINEES in disciplines of
Electrical(47) Mechanical(95) Electronics(25) lnstrumentation(25) Mining(15)
Full time Bachelors Degree in Engineering orTechnology/AMIE with not less than 65% marks, as per respective Institute/University norms. Final year/semester students, are also eligible to apply, subject to obtaining at least 65% marks in engineering degree. A candidate with the prescribed degree identified for the disciplines as given below can only apply for the post of EET in the respective discipline:
Prescribed full time degrees in Engineering
Electrical / Electrical & Electronics / Electrical, Instrumentation & Control / Power Systems & High Voltage/Power Electronics/ Power Engineering
Mechanical / Production / Industrial Engg./ Production & Industrial Engg./Thermal / Mechanical & Automation /Power Engineering
Electronics / Electronics & Telecommunication 1 Electronics & Power/ Power Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics
Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control
Upper Age limit is 27 years as on last date of online application in NTPC (i.e. 31.01.2019).
Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2019. Based on the GATE-2019 marks and requirement, candidates will be short listed for further selection process (Online Behavioural/Aptitude Test, followed by GD and Interview).
The final merit list will be prepared based on 85% weightage of GATE-2019 marks, 5% weightage of GD marks and 10% weightage of Interview marks. Please note that for ET-2019 recruitment, GATE scores of 2019 will only be valid.
Candidates are required to appearfor GATE-2019 paper as detailed below:
Engineering Disciplines as advertised by NTPC
Corresponding GATE-2019 Paper Code
Electrical Engg. (Electrical 1 Electrical & Electronics / Electrical, Instrumentation & Control 1 Power Systems & High Voltage / Power Electronics / Power Engineering)
Mechanical Engg. (Mechanical / Production / Industrial Engg./ Production & Industrial Engg./ Thermal 1 Mechanical & Automation / Power Engineering)
Electronics Engg. (Electronics / Electronics & Telecommunication 1 Electronics & Power/ Power Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics)
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Instrumentation Engg. (Electronics & Instrumentation 1 Instrumentation & Control)
Category-wise projected vacancies in each discipline are given
Type of Disabilities identified (discipline wise)
OA, OL, HH
OA, OL, HH
OA, OL, HH
Legend: OL(One Leg), OA(OneArm), HH (Hearing Handicapped)
The vacancies for PwBDs are reserved as per Govt, guidelines.
The total number of projected vacancies indicated above may increase / decrease at the discretion of NTPC management.
NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.60,000-1,80,000 at the basic pay of Rs. 60000/- during one-year training. The other benefits such as Dearness Allowance, other perquisites and allowances, terminal benefits, etc. will be admissible as per company rules in force from time to time during training/after absorption.
The selected candidates shall undergo one-year training at various places. The region of posting will be allotted upon joining and the final place of posting within the allotted region will be decided after completion of training. Candidates can be placed, across the country, in any of the functions at projects/ stations or offices including subsidiary companies of NTPC.
RESERVATIONS AND RELAXATIONS:
1. Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / XSM I PwBD candidates will be provided as per Government guidelines. Relaxations will be extended in vacancies identified for SC / ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) / PwBD.
2. Category (SC / ST /OBC/ PwBD) once filled in the online application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on. The reserved category candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority, at the time of interview, if called for.
3. No registration fee will be charged from SC/ST/PwBD/XSM candidates during online registration in NTPC Ltd.
4. SC, ST and PwBD candidates with at least 55% marks in qualifying examination are eligible to apply for the post.
5. The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates. It is relaxed by 10 years for PwBD-General, 13 years for PwBD- OBC and 15 years for PwBD-SC/ST candidates.
6. The OBC candidates who belong to Creamy Layer are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC category and such candidates have to indicate their category as General. The OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a competent authority issued in the current year only. Also, OBC (NCL) candidates will have to give a selfundertaking indicating that they belong to OBC (Non creamy Layer) category also at the time of GD & Interview if called for.
7. Upper age is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89. In addition, the age relaxation for Ex-servicemen (XSM) will be as per Government of India norms.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND:
The selected candidates who belong to General and OBC categories will be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rs. 1,25,000/- for candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwBD categories) to serve the company for at least 3 years after successful completion of one-yeartraining.
Before joining, candidates will have to undergo medical examination by the NTPC Medical Board and the decision of the board will be final and binding. No relaxation in health standards will be allowed. NTPC norms & standard of Medical fitness are available on the website www.ntpccareers.net.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. For detailed information on GATE-2019, candidates may log on to http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/.
2. The candidates, who have applied online for GATE 2019, will receive their GATE- 2019 Registration Number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply online for NTPC ET-2019 on the website www.ntpccareers.net from 10.01.2019 to 31.01.2019.
3. Candidate belonging to General/OBC category is required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 150/-. The SC/ST/ PwBD/ XSM category candidates need not pay the registration fee. The payment can be made either in online or offline mode.
4. Payment in offline mode: State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account (No. 30987919993) at CAG branch, New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the pay-in-slip which is available on the application registration portal. The pay-in-slip printed from the portal should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money, the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. NTPC will not be responsible in case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account.
5. Payment in online mode: Candidate also have the option to pay the fees online (through Net banking I Debit Card / Credit Card). The online payment option will be available at the end of the online application, before the submit button.
6. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the registration fee.
7. Candidates will be required to upload their photograph and signature (in JPG/JPEG Format in 1 MB size) during online application.
8. Read the instructions carefully and fill-in the online application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2019 registration number and payment details. After successful registration, system will generate a Unique Registration Number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Registration slip which will be generated by the system after successful registration.
9. Please ensure that the GATE registration number, which is mentioned on your GATE Admit card, is filled up correctly. Name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE Admit card. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidate will be entertained once the application is submitted successfully.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
2. The candidate should ensure that he I she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned on the web site www.ntpccareers.net
3. All qualifications should be from an Indian University / Institute recognized by AICTE / appropriate statutory authority.
4. No manual / paper application will be entertained.
5. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is false or is not found to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
6. For important instructions/ queries candidates may please visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on the website.
7. The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year. No change in the E-mail ID will be allowed, once entered. All future correspondence would be sent via E-mail only.
8. Candidates, if shortlisted for Interview, are required to bring their original GATE 2019 score card as received from GATE Organizing Committee, at the time of Interview.
9. Candidates employed with Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies/Private Organisations are required to submit relieving letter from current organization at the time of joining, ifselected for the said post.
10. NTPC reserves the right to cancel I restrict I enlarge/ modify I alter the recruitment process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
11. Legal jurisdiction will beofNCT of Delhi in case of any cause/dispute.
Commencement of Online Registration in NTPC
10.01.2019 (1100 Hours)
Last date for online registration in NTPC
NTPC Bhawan, Scope Complex, Core-7
Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Looking for B.E. / B.Tech graduates profile.