The position ofDDR PHY Firmware Engineeris a Mixed-Signal semiconductor Intellectual Property (MSIP) Firmware Engineer who develops firmware and softwareDeveloping DDR PHY Firmware includes: evaluating performance and quality of results of firmware training software, developing standard product features and customer-specific enhancements, and works hands-on with post-silicon bring-up and DDR interface training algorithm optimizationAs part of our team, you will:
- Develop new firmware applications and features
- Interact with PHY architecture and hardware teams during firmware development and debug
- Support and enhance exiting firmware application and features
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for firmware application development
- Enhance documentation content to improve customer experience
- Diagnose customer firmware-related failures
- Participate in the firmware integration, debug and silicon hardware bring up
- Interest in both software development and digital logic design
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Applied Science (or equivalent) and 5+ years working experience in a related field OR Master's degree in EE/CS and 3+ years related experience
- Understanding of both digital logic and firmware/software development PLUS previous in-depth specialization in either.
- C, Assembly and cross-development tool flows, with scripting experience in Perl, Python, Bash, or Csh an asset
- Sound advocate for structured firmware development, verification and documentation processes
- Experience with of digital logic design, simulation, and debug using Verilog
- Basic understanding of DDR memory standards
- Ability to resolve issues in imaginative ways and exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Experience designing and promoting solutions to complex digital design and software development challenges
- Experience executing individual projects from start to completion
- Experience contributing to larger team design/development.
- Comfortable working with diverse internal team members and customers
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC-faster We offer the world's broadest portfolio of silicon IP-predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors All to help customers integrate more capabilities Meet unique performance, power, and requirements of their target applications.
And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced riskAt Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play Self-driving cars Artificial Intelligence The cloud.
5G The Internet of Things These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything And we're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability