Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up forWhat you will be responsible for: Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug medium to large software enhancements and solutions within Charles River's business and technical problem domains Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn moderately complex business requirements into working and sustainable software.
Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments Provide mentoring to junior staffEducation & Preferred Qualifications
S degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required MS degree strongly preferred
- Experience developing enterprise software deployed to one of the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience with Java development in cloud native applications
- Experience with Kubernetes and Kafka is helpful
- 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- 4 to 7 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Authoritative experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- Able to contribute to complex design specs in consultation with senior staff
- Able to work on medium to large projects with no supervision and on more complex tasks with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
About State StreetWhat we do State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow We make all efforts to create a great work environment Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs.
And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potentialInclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader.
You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to youState Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer