Job Description : Job Description Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currenciesAs the regulatory environment for Privacy expands, it is expected that 95% of the globe's citizens will be protected by a Privacy law within the next two years.
At PayPal, we set out to be the best in protecting our customer's privacy while being transparent Customers of PayPal should think about it as an open kitchen concept When a patron visits an open-kitchen restaurant, there is an immediate sense of trust You can see the chef and crew preparing your food and plating it PayPal has in essence created this same environment for its customers in a safe, secure manner.
In today's world, Privacy is top of mind Citizens around the world are learning how big tech has used their data to advance individual analytics and have become aware of their personal data being sold by many companies It all happens behind a curtain of obscurity PayPal is changing all of that with one goal in mind: be transparent with the customer PayPal's customers now have a central location where they can securely sign in and understand what type of data PayPal has collected.
Through navigating through additional security layers, the customer can also see how that data is being replicated across the PayPal enterprise, with explanations on why and how the data is being used They provide a list of benefits the customer has experienced With this knowledge, the customer can also select what benefits they want to be a part of You will be part of the team that builds this product and externalize it with our partners and subsidiaries
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- You have a passion for software development and technology
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Using the "Scientific Method" to dig into problems is something you love to do
- Good understanding and working knowledge of networking principles, internet fundamentals, Operating Systems and application stacks
- In addition to well-developed skills in industry-standard software development languages (e.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) preferred.
- Familiarity with infrastructure/cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure) preferred
- You are comfortable using Linux command line
- You strive to work in a dynamic, changing environment, with large scale applications across the stack
- Finally, you must be determined to have fun, otherwise, it's just a job
- BSCS or equivalent +3 years of experience / MSCS + 2 years of experience in software development
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day.
We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedomPayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at paypalglobaltalentacquisition@paypalcomR0065326