Position Overview The Auditor participates in internal audits of a specific business/functional area in accordance with the Audit methodology and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those business areas under moderate supervisionThe Auditor participates in Concurrent Audit deliverables of Group AuditThe Auditor may also be required to participate in ad hoc projects and Special Investigations The Auditor works in a cooperative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across the function to provide 'front-to-back'/SME audit coverageThe Auditor undertakes multiple audit assignments; drafts high-quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitates issue tracking and validates the closure of audit Issues.
The Auditor must typically proactively develop and maintain professional consultative working relationships with clients and respective support areas and will use a range of approaches to collect relevant and readily available information to assess risk, resolve issues or carry out tasksWhat we'll offer youPlease be aware there are regional differences to DB benefits and you will need to check the correct package per advert
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs and above
Your key responsibilities
- Executes day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring)
- Undertakes audit assignments, drafts audit reports for review by audit management, facilitates issue tracking and validates closure of issues.
- Drafts high quality issues for review by audit lead/Principal Audit Manager, facilitates issue tracking and validates the closure of issues (as required)
- Executes audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach eg documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards
- Partners with other divisional/teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach.
- Reviews and provides expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- Completes all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations
- Proactively manages and executes day-to-day responsibilities with group audit deliverables on Concurrent Audit
- Acts as a challenger to clients in the issue closure process
- Communicates openly with divisional management and the internal stakeholders; keeps them informed of potential issues and escalate problems/delays accordingly
- Proactively keeps abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Proactively develops and maintains professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Highlights performance issues within the team, where appropriate, to drive for high performance
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of the new environment
Your skills and experience
- Audit/business knowledge and experience and an understanding of the risks and regulatory requirements in one or more of the following business/functional areas: Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Retail & Corporate Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, Business Services (operations), Risk, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Information Technology.
- Familiarity with operational requirements of a global bank
- Sound understanding of global banking control environment and compliance issues in the banking/finance industry
- Solid communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach Fluent in English (written and verbal) and local languages if necessary
- Solid relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of auditing standards and concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Professional/industry recognised qualifications e.
g CISA (for IT auditors), Accounting qualifications such as ACA and CPA
How we'll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teamsPlease visit our company website for further information: Our values define the working environment we strive to create diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliationClick to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank