Preferred QualificationsOverview of Product %26ndash; Oracle AnalyticsBe part of an energetic and challenging team building an enterprise Analytic platform that will allow users to quickly gain insights on their most valuable asset; dataOracle Analytics is an industry-leading product that empowers entire organizations with a full range of business analytics tools, enterprise ready reporting and engaging, and easy-to-use self-service data visualizationsOur customers are business users that demand a software product that allows easy, fast navigation through the full spectrum of data scale from simple spreadsheets to analyzing enormous volumes of information in enterprise class data warehousesOracle Analytics is acomprehensivesolution to meet the breadth of all analytics needs Get the right data, to the right people, at the right time with analytics for everyone in your organization.
With built-in security and governance, you can easily share insights and collaborate with your colleagues By leveraging the cloud, you can scale up or down to suit your needs The Oracle Analytics Cloud offering is a leading cloud service at Oracle built on Oracle Cloud InfrastructureIt runs with a Generation 2 offering and provides consistent high performance and unmatched governance and security controlsSelf-serviceanalytics drive business agility with faster time to insights.
You no longer need help from IT to access, prepare, analyze, and collaborate on all your data Easily create data visualizations with automated chart recommendations and optimize insights by collaborating with colleagues on analysesAugmentedanalytics with embedded machine learning throughout the platform drive smarter and better insights Always on%26mdash;and always working in the background, machine learning is continuously learning from the data it takes in, making it smarter and more accurate as time goes by Uncover deeper patterns and predict trends for impactful, unbiased recommendations.
On the team we develop, deploy, and support the Oracle Analytics platform helping our customers succeed in their journey to drive business valueYou will be working with experts in their field, exploring the latest technologies, you will be challenged while creating features that will be delivered to our customers, asked to be creative, and hopefully have some fun along the wayMembers of our team are tasked to take on challenges along all aspect of our productSpecific Responsibilities and Desired QualificationsAs a member of the development team, you will design, code, debug, and deliver innovative analytic features that involve Java and web technologies with extensive exposure on highly interactive UI development, highly scalable, distributed, multithreaded applicationsYou will work closely with your peer developers located across the world, including Mexico, India, and the USA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, test and deliver new features on a world-class analytics platform suitable for deployment to both the Oracle Cloud and on-premise environments
- Lead the creation of formal design specifications and coding of complex systems
- Work closely with the Product Management on product requirements and functionality
- Build software applications following established coding standards
- Communicate continually with the project teams, explain progress on the development effort
- Contribute to continuous improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or recommending new technologies
- Ensure quality of work through development standards and QA procedures
- Perform maintenance and enhancements on existing software
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related major
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience in using, building, debugging multithreaded applications
- Ability to design large, scalable systems for enterprise customers
- Solid understanding concurrency, multithreading and memory management
- Experienced utilizing Java, JavaBeans, JMS
- Experienced in building and using REST and SOAP API%26rsquo;s
- Experienced in distributed and scalable server-side software development
- Knowledge in developing, implementing, and optimizing software algorithms
- Solid knowledge of data structures and operating systems
- Basic understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Hands-on experience using source control tools such as GIT
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate in developing high quality software
- Strong Team Player
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Experienced in Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark)
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with Cloud services such as OCI, AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Terraform/Python
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area 7 years of software engineering or related experience