Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission invites applications from eligible candidates to consider filling up following existing/anticipated vacancies. The vacancies shall be filled in terms on Contract basis and accordance with the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (Management & Development of Human Resources) Regulations 2001 (as amended from time to time). The Regulations can be accessed / downloaded from DERCs Website: www.derc.gov.in.
Name of the Post,
Scale of Pay, Group,
Number of vacancy
Jr. Law Officer
1. An LLB from a recognized University.
Experience of handling legal
(Rs. 47600 -151100)
2. Officers holding analogous posts
matters in middle level including
Pay Matrix Level 8
on regular basis OR
Drafting of basic orders, Pleadings,
With 02 years regular service in Pay
Petitions, Proceedings, Listing of
Band-2, Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade
case laws in Central Government/
Pay Rs. 4600/- OR
State Government UTs/PSUs/
Grade Pay Rs. 4800/-
With 04 years regular service in Pay
Autonomous Bodies/Quasi Judicial
Band 2, Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade
Bodies preferably dealing with the
Pay Rs. 4200/-.
cases relating to electricity laws.
- The preferred mode of appointment for the above post is on Contract from Central/State / UT Government Departments, Statutory/Autonomous/ Constitutional/Cooperative/Local Govt. Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings, Corporations/ Quasi Judicial Bodies etc. under administrative control of Central/State/UT Governments.
- The Commission reserves the right not to fill any of the above mentioned existing/anticipated vacancies. The Commission may consider and extend the Contract of the present incumbent in the post against which the anticipated vacancy mentioned above is advertised. In case of any eventuality, no action on the application received against this existing / anticipated vacancy shall be taken by the Commission and the advertisement of such vacancy shall be treated as withdrawn.
- All candidates should have fulfilled the minimum eligibility on the date of application. Further, merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications or the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be necessarily considered or called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
- The Commission shall follow the Governments policy on reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as applicable.
- The age limit is subject to general guidelines issued by Central Govt. / Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The crucial date for determining eligibility criteria / age limit would be last date of submission of application.
- The tenure of appointee on contract basis though shall be initially for three years, but the same is extendable subject to satisfactory performance appraisal every year within the three years period.
- Canvassing in any form shall be a disqualification for the post. No correspondence with the applicants will be entertained.
- The pay package of the appointee on Contract, shall be in accordance with the DERC (Management & Development of Human Resources) Regulations 2001, as amended from time to time.
- For fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the post, regular service of certain years in various pay scales has been prescribed as essential qualification. The pay scale shown in the eligibility criteria are Central Government Scale/ Delhi Government Scale of Pay and Dearness Allowance pattern applicable w.e.f. 01.01.2016 and the eligibility of candidates shall be accordingly determined with reference to the pay scales.
- The eligibility of such candidates who are working in Public Sector Undertakings or other Govt. Organizations where Industrial / Variable Dearness Allowance pattern is applicable shall be determined by equating their IDA/VDA pattern Pay scale with the requisite CDA pattern Pay scales of eligibility in the following manner
Central DA pay scale
7th CPC Pay Matrix Level
Minimum of Pay scale held by the candidate
(Pre-revised 6th CPC 2006, Minimum
+ Dearness pay, if any + Applicable
of Pay Band + Grade Pay) + Applicable
Industrial/Variable Dearness Allowance
Central Dearness Allowance on Pay)
Further, only those applicants who hold the post as well as the pay scale of that post on substantive basis shall be considered eligible for appointment. The Competent Authority may, however, in most deserving cases, consider relaxation in the eligibility criteria in public interest.
- How to Apply:
ONLINE APPLICATION: The candidates must submit application through ONLINE mode only for which a provision has been made in DERC website. The candidates should click APPLY ONLINE link provided in the notice for vacancy to open ONLINE Application Form . Please follow the instructions and proceed to fill the form. Please note that all fields to be filled and no column should be left blank. You are also requested to upload relevant documents at appropriate column to substantiate essential qualifications possessed by you along with last 03 months salary slips, IT Statements, FORM-16 (for verification purpose). It is mandatory for the candidates after successfully submitting application ONLINE, to take a Print Out of the application form together with copies of the testimonials and supporting documents already sent online and the same be forwarded to the Secretary, DERC at the given below :
Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission
Viniyamak Bhawan, 'C' Block, Shivalik
Malviya Nagar, New Delhi -110017
The envelope containing the application must mention the name of the post applied for.
- Submission of Undertaking:
The candidate has to give Undertaking as mentioned below:-
The employees serving in Government/PSU/Autonomous Body/ Statutory Body/Local Body/Corporations etc. must submit Undertaking as per Annexure -I.
The employees who have retired or resigned from Government / PSU/Autonomous Body/Statutory
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF JUNIOR LAW OFFICER
(Applicable in respect of employees other than
Annexure- I & Annexure-II )
- I certify that all statements made in this application are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- I certify that I am eligible for the post applied for vis--vis the age or qualifications or experience prescribed for the said post.
- I certify that no prosecution for criminal charge is pending against me in any court of law.
- I certify that no punitive action was taken against me for any misconduct during my present/previous employment / organization.
- I certify that I have never been convicted, charge sheeted or ever had a vigilance case/punishment and major/minor
penalties imposed on me during my present/previous employment or otherwise .
Note : Please enclose copy of last relieving Order/Certificate from previous employer/ employment
Looking for LLB graduates profile.