Job Description :
- The Database Support Engineer will be a key technical member of the Operations Infrastructure database team, utilising their excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures, and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents
- As a member of the Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Oracle and Mongo Databases are secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards
What will you be doing?
- The Database Support Engineer reports into the DBA Team Leader This role holds accountability for Oracle and Mongo Database Infrastructure service database support to the BPS payment gateway services Smartpay S and Smartpay -B
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents and Problems
- Adherence to Barclays standards for change control, database security and database patterns.
- Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Provide on-call rota support where required
- Lead and define database delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
- Provide database support for Database related requests, incidents, problem tasks to ensure the Oracle and Mongo Database estates are available at all times.
- Troubleshoot, Maintenance and Patching Oracle and Mongo Production and Test environments with DR for critical business applications
- Setting up and maintaining standards, best practices for assuring that database deployments meet the business, security and compliance requirements
- Working closely with Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Live Service Support and Other Infrastructure Team members in an agile working environment to deliver business outcomes
- Plan, Prepare and Implement the changes according to compliance and regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
- Create and maintain operational documentation for Database estates to meet the business requirements
What we're looking for?
- Experience in multiple versions of oracle 11g, 12c, 19c plus good working knowledge of Mongo database technology
- Working knowledge of RMAN, Data Guard, Partitioning Techniques, Patching, and Database administration.
- Good understanding of Oracle and Mongo best practice, troubleshooting, security/hardening and performance tuning
- Good working knowledge of SQL, PL-SQL programming, Mongo CRUD operations and shell Scripting
- Experience on using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, Ops Manager and other monitoring tools
- Excellent communication skills
Skills that will help you in the role?
- Oracle Certification / Mongo DBA Certifications
- Experience in Oracle Upgrade Using Golden Gate
- Automation using Ansible/Chef
- Experience of working in SAFe Agile Framework Environment
- Experience of using Service First or Similar Tool to Create change
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays At Barclays, each day is about being more as a professional, and as a person 'Be More @ Barclays' represents our core promise to all current and future employees It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances.
Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit homebarclays/who-we-are/ for more detailsOur ValuesPurpose and Values We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and StewardshipRespect We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contributionIntegrity We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we doService We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we doExcellence We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found themOur Diversity We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goalsOur Benefits Our customers are unique The same goes for our colleagues.
That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us