Job Description : Job Description Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currenciesFinance application batch managementThe Finance operations team is responsible for support of finance applications across PayPal.
We are looking for a strong System/Batch Administrator who will be responsible for design and administration of business critical systems Application batch processing and application administrator will manage vital business systems within the finance landscape, ensure uninterrupted service and facilitate enhancements and/or updates to the system The individual will need to be strong in problem solving, analytical ability and attention to detail, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be a collaborative team member Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for application batch processing design and administration, working with Engineering and Product counterparts across the organization
- Administrating Job scheduling systems, Analyze and test new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale environments on premise or in cloud
- Support Database, Storage migrations, Operating systems and platform maintenance activities, Security vulnerabilities and remediation's.
- Recognize improvement opportunities and inefficient practices and lead efforts to eliminate and standardize systems stability
- Work closely with development teams to improve the operability, scalability and security of our systems
- On-call production support and responsible for SLA's, troubleshooting, resolving & root cause analysis
- Work on DR and BCP plans related to system architecture and/or core infrastructure technologies
- Responsible for internal Audits regarding system administration and job failures
- Work to accomplish organizational goals consistent with supporting IT and business objectives
- Bachelors/Masters in Information technology/Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with system/batch administration and knowledge in SAP/HANA/Control-M and Informatica
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting issues
- Ability to work with process modeling tools such as HP ALM, IBM BlueWorks Live, Visio, ITSM, etc
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, etc.
- Affinity for a high-performance, project-oriented work environment; ability to pivot to critical path tasks as necessary
- Team oriented individual and self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Strong technical/development background and proven ability to dig into technical details and manage deployments from end-to-end
- Proven experience leading the design and implementation of application development programs and release management processes
- Experience managing projects through the full development life cycle including support during pilot, rollout, and post production
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to translate these needs into aggressive yet achievable roadmaps and delivery schedules.
- Proficient with release documentation and comfortable developing/using metrics to measure release success and identify efficiency improvement areas
- Success in developing artifacts to support major software implementation projects with multiple stakeholders across several regions
- Professional maturity combined with high energy and collaborate with other teams
- Experience working in large, complex environments, with specific focus on infrastructure and/or applications development
- Proven ability to manage diverse, highly complex problems and ability to devise solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple project teams and inter-related workstreams including collaboration across multiple organizations such as PMO, IT, QA, Release Management, and Finance operations
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at paypalglobaltalentacquisition@paypalcomR0068850