Position OverviewOverview:Deutsche Bank is committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape As you'll discover, our culture supports diverse perspectives, driven by a shared sense of purposeMargin & Treasury Operations (MTO) comprises of two primary function- Collateral Management & Valuations (CMV and Treasury Operations Collateral Management is a First Line of Defence function responsible for minimizing Deutsche Bank's counterparty credit risk on its collateralized derivatives portfolio CMV is responsible for the management of banks counterparty credit by issuing and processing margin calls on a daily basis.
This function provides margin processing support for bilateral and cleared OTC derivatives, LD, Repo margin, CCP Margin, Portfolio reconciliations and Dispute Investigation and Valuation Client Services Treasury Operations is responsible for funding all of bank's Nostro Accounts and ensuring optimal utilization of bank's funds across 8000+ agent bank accountsMargin Operations responsible for minimizing Deutsche Bank's counterparty credit risk on its collateralized derivatives portfolio We aggregate the Bank's exposure across trading activity globally, administer the margin terms dictated in bilateral ISDA and CSA (Credit Support Annex) Agreements and facilitate exchange of permissible collateral (cash or securities) with our clients or central clearing counterparties The team also manages Margin Disputes, regulatory Portfolio Reconciliation and Data Control flowing into the margining systems for APAC, EMEA and US regions.
What we'll offer you:As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs and above
Your key responsibilities & tasks:Core Responsibilities -
People Management -
- Ability to ask probing questions to gather information and resolve issues and where appropriate, able to present and defend own position and reach a consensus in the light of differing views
- Be a central point of contact for external clients in a professional manner and to build strong working relationships with various stakeholders globally
- Coordinate with areas such as Trading, Sales, Product control and Middle Office to resolve escalated customer inquiries and disputes in a timely manner
- Close interaction with regional and global teams to ensure consistency in procedures and policy and to stay aware of organizational objectives.
- Ensuring processes and procedures are complied with relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage risks relating to specific processes and identify any deviations from established policies and guidelines
- Participate in the review and updating of processes and policy across margin teams
- Partner with the project team to propose, develop and execute requirements for system enhancements and assist with user acceptance testing
- Focus on automation of functions, de-risking processes and simplification of complex workflows.
- Manage operational risk by checking strength of existing controls and recommend/implement new or improved controls
- Ensure KRI's and KPIs are closely monitored
- Participate in change the bank (CTB) initiatives of the team as well as domain-wide Able to demonstrate delivery of a change initiative and challenges operating model - identify process improvements and work with both business and support partners to enhance effectiveness of control environment and improve accuracy of reporting
- Detailed knowledge of the front to back process in an investment banking environment.
Proven ability to manage multiple product systems Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Supports the development of an environment where people management and development are the number one priority Coach to direct reports and available to mentor others in the organisation, as appropriate
- Actively supports the business strategy - contributes to maintaining a high-performance culture.
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment Experience with mentoring new staff to maintain continuity in key functions within the group's mandate as well as building and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders
- Supports tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organisation imperatives and needs Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance.
- Degree educated in Finance, Commerce or related field, or have a minimum of 9-10 years of work experience in a Banking/Finance environment
- Experience working in a global, cross matrix reporting organization
- Background in Collateral, Margin, Rates, Credit, FX, Securities, Treasury or Liquidity Management
- Microsoft Excel skills to a good standard
- German language certification is beneficial.
Proficiency in automotive industry tools is beneficial
- Proven track record in client service - with clear evidence of problem-solving skillsets
- Build & maintain strong relationships with Sales and global stakeholders/teams
Your personal skills and experience:
- Strong organisational skills ability to identify and prioritise multiple tasks based on criticality, impact and franchise importance
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
Ability to present complex issues/ideas to all levels of management in a highly professional and understandable manner
- Independent problem solver who demonstrates analytical thinking, accountability as well as execution capability
- Ability to independently coordinate and manage work requirements across multiple business areas and functions, think outside the box and connect with global stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment An outstanding team spirit and flexibility are key.
- Dedication to servicing a demanding internal and external client base with a high degree of accuracy
How we'll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teamsPlease visit our company website for further information: Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliationClick to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank