Job descriptionPosition titleAssociate 2 QALocationNoidaBusiness FunctionTechnologyReporting toQA ManagerDepartmentFinancial MarkitDepartment overview:Markit Pricing Data provides robust coverage across Bonds, CDS, Structured products and Syndicate Loans pricing, as well as equity volatility data and securities lending data for stocks and bonds Besides these we also provide derived data like Liquidity, Sensitivity for these asset classes utilizing our state of the art productsPosition summaryIHS Markit is seeking experiencedtesting professionals to join its IHS Markit India operation This position will involve hands-on test build /execution role in the financial domain It is a Dev testing position and will require knowledge of java/automation.
- Strong experience in automation/white box testing using Java
- Experience in designing high efficiency tests for scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
- Strong understanding of test design techniques( Boundary value Analysis and Equivalence partitioning)
- Database knowledge with ability to frame basic queries
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Exposure to AWS will be an added advantage
- Exposure to BDD will be an added advantage
- Should be growth oriented, confident and self-starter
This position will involve hands-on test build /execution role where the creative inspiration can fuel BIG Innovation Duties & accountabilitiesOperational Support
- Work with the QA Lead to meet automation test requirements to the highest standards
- Design automation test suites based on user requirements
- Perform exploratory manual tests to ensure quality
- Strong Knowledge of automation testing concepts
- Exposure to Core Java & Maven
- Good understanding of relational databases, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies
- Understanding XML files and interpreting results provided in the format
- Knowledge of ALM and Jira
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets
- Experience with programming languages (Java)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
Business competenciesEducation and experience
- A technical graduate / Post Graduate
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Solid technical background in implementing object oriented systems
- Experience with advanced low level Java programming APIs, such as concurrency, NIO and byte buffers
- Should be able to produce cost benefit analysis around automation solutions being proposed
- Dollar Savings gained through better and effective coverage of test assets
- Able to provide regular progress and status updates on your development tasks to your manager and peers
- Manage and track progress of ongoing items you depend on
Personal competenciesPersonal impact
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written
Ability to report accurate test status and progress to the QA manager and other stakeholdersTeamwork
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines
Work closely with development and project team members globally to deliver high quality solutions to aggressive time framesCompany overviewIHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies.
Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions We call this The New IntelligenceIHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country riskHeadquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
-----------------------------------------------Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, pleaseor call +1 212 849 0399.
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basisThis contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-upIHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law).
In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to workFor informationplease click on the following links:-----------------------------------------------Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site