Preferred QualificationsThe Principal Performance Engineer will be responsible for documenting key work products such as performance risk and issues, performance activity plan for a work-packages, performance requirements including SLAs, volumetrics along with performance monitoring and scalability for the programmeDescription:
- The candidate has to be an expert in Docker and containerization technologies They must have knowledge about container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and logging/monitoring tools for these orchestration tools They will also be responsible for building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines and keeping themselves and their team up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Understanding and documenting the performance requirements including SLAs, volumetrics, performance monitoring and scalability.
Validating requirements with Business Stakeholders
- Understanding how the high-level designs support the performance requirements and identifying performance risks In some cases a Design Assessment will be delivered
- Modeling areas of risk to estimate latency characteristics and capacity requirements Typically this will either be refining the workload and modeling how it applies to a set of components, or working with component suppliers to estimate capacity requirements
- Planning activities to mitigate the key performance risks.
- Reviewing the designs and early deliverables to assess performance Assuring adherence to best practice Recommending performance optimisations
- Review of the proposed Performance Testing approach to assure that the environments, data, tooling/automation and the proposed tests and associated planning and reporting This review also covers the various stages of performance test and the shift-left of testing to identify defects as early as possible.
Working with other suppliers to refine the Performance Testing Strategy
- Review of performance test results and the analysis of defects Analysing results and identifying opportunities for optimisation Participating in Performance Test Exit reviews
Knowledge, Skills and Background
- Education Qualification: - MCA, M.
Tech, BE or B TECH
- At least3 yearsof experience withKubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc
- Middle tier: Oracle WebLogic, SOA, OBIEE, OAM, IDM, SSO.
- RDBMS: Oracle 12c,11g,10g,9i
- Operating System: Red Hat Linux, Solaris, IBM AIX, HP Unix, MS-Windows
- Languages: Sql, pl/sql, Java
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Expertise in profiler tools such as Visual VM, J Profiler, YourKit, Xrebel etc
- Excellent prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple job duties in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Working knowledge and experience with databases, network programming, SOA, multithreaded programming, application security, performance testing, and application profiling
- Intermediate level proficiency with Weblogic, Java, OPP programming
- Intermediate proficiency with APIs-JMS, COM and Sockets
- Intermediate level proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of infrastructure hardware devices such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, and storage systems
- Tools experience such as: Jmeter, Jenkins, Visual Studio Profiler, WinDBG, valgrind, strace, Dynatrace APM/UEM, Netscout, etc
- Experience with computer architecture including knowledge of cache coherency, I/O and memory subsystems
- Experience in identifying and providing tuning recommendation for various infrastructure components: JVM, Application Servers, Database Servers, Web Servers
- Extensive Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*)
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area 7 years of software engineering or related experience