Job Description : Job Description Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currenciesFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy.
Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currenciesAboutCommerce Services team The Commerce Services team is responsible for customer touchpoints that are common across all product solutions offered to all segments of our Merchants and Partners The touchpoints include experiences and APIs for Onboarding, merchant lifecycle, servicing dashboard and apps, reporting and Backoffice.
Keeping the engine of the global economy strong and growing, theCommerce Servicesteamhelpsmillions of PayPal Merchants/Partners manage and run their businesses onWeb and mobile We buildproducts that solve Payment Problems (simple &complex) for PayPal customers, from casual sellers to the world's largest businesses We are currently working on magnifying our payments platform to put ourselves in the best position to continue powering the world's largest e-commerce and payments applications at a scale few companies can match Who are we looking for: We are looking for a technical leader who has a passion for developing massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to support mission-critical business tasks Quality is at the forefront of everything our team does, and we are looking for true passion for writing robust, re-usable, scalable and well-tested code.
On the personality side, you are the right person for PayPal if you are willing to:
- Drive to get results and not let anything get in your way
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle issues before they escalate
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Show pride and passion for helping businesses thrive around the globe
Responsibilities: As a member of our team, you will work with Domain Technical Leads, Product Owners and Architects building new payment capabilities and improving existing products, developing robust software solutions and scalable products for PayPal's merchants and Partners You'll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, production deployments and triage production issues You need to be dynamic, collaborative and curious, as you'll work in a fast-paced environment where continuous experimentation and innovation are a given Your responsibilities will also include:
- Contribute to the design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
- Ability to go in-depth on the technology stack, across different technologies to understand end-to-end system workflow
- Actively participate in code reviews to attain the highest standards
- Drive teams to follow clean code principles
- Collaborate with peers and leads both within the team and across the organization
- Work with scrum teams and product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Work with operations teams to ensure applications and services are highly available, scalable and reliable
- Support applications and/or services as and when required in all timezones
- 12+ years software development experience
- BS or higher Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with popular front-end frameworks such as React, Typescript etc
- Experience with Node is desired
- Experience with build tools such as webpack, grunt, gulp, babel etc
- Experience with test frameworks: Mocha, Jest, Nightwatch etc
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and responsive design
- Experience with Graphql is a good to have skill
- Strong OOP skills, with ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, REST API's and competent designing and building web services/microservices in a commercial setting.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of software engineers
- Strong ability to present technical solutions and new architecture to cross functional team members
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Ability to evaluate new technologies, weigh tradeoffs, and make sound technical decisions
- Cognizant of SQL and other/NoSQL/modern database and storage technologies Desired understanding of Oracle, JDBC and ORM frameworks (e.
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment You have a bias towards action and results.
- Competent in software engineering tools (eg Java build tools), Unix based systems and best practices (eg unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, etc.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at paypalglobaltalentacquisition@paypalcomR0065015