Job Description : Job Description:Role: Security Engineer/ Consultant Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide operational support for firewalls on multiple platforms across the client environment
- Escalation point for complex technical issues
- Rotational weekend on-call to address critical issues Ability to work weekends when necessary for scheduled tasks
- Responsible for bringing problems to a resolution within a timely manner
- Lead operational projects to completion working with other stakeholders (including vendors).
- Drive the resolution of all priority issues including participation in technical assistance conference calls
- Support customers with process and technical questions related to daily operational work
- Build relationships with customers, other DXC teams, and vendors to provide exceptional service
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and automate processes within DXC Firewall Operations
- Knowledge on compliance and regulatory requirements to assist with security audits and assist in remediation of any Network Security related issues.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure firewall services and systems are always available and reliable
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ISMS
- Report, pursue, communicate, and when needed escalate any breaches in information security or policies
- Able to coordinate and work with on-site engineers during outage or critical situations.
- Adhere to established incident management SLAs
- Able to document troubleshooting/process related documents for the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Palo Alto Certified - PCNSE
- Cisco Certified- CCNA Security or any other
- ITIL Foundation Certified
Desired Years of Experience:6 to 8 yearsNumber of years of experience is provided as a guideline for recruiter and represents the amount of experience typically needed to be successful in this role Candidates with less years of experience may be considered based upon education, unique network security skills or other factors to be determined at time of hireTechnical skills:
- Expert level knowledge of Pal alto firewalls (including Panaroma & software blades Application Control, URL Web Filtering, & IPS etc.
- Very good knowledge of F5
- Knowledge of Tipping Point IPS
- Knowledge of Firemon, Tufin or Algosec firewall rule analyzer platform
- Knowledge on Proxy solutions
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols.
- Advanced level skill in firewall policy management (Rule consolidation, cleanup, regular review using rule analysis tools)
- Ability to manage support cases with external technology vendors
- Knowledge of virtual technologies is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required Must be able to easily analyze and communicate complex ideas to management.
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness are essential as the role will involve contacting with a variety of people
- Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent time management is crucial
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment