Job Description :Introduction:
- The Project Managers role is to be responsible for driving the inception, planning, and delivery of one or more projects
- Works with the Delivery Manager/Portfolio Managers to successful delivery of projects to plan, budget, quality and in compliance with Barclays project methodology standards
- Drive / Support the requirements gathering phases of projects to ensure that high quality requirements are available
- Formulation of project artefacts as set out in Barclays project methodology standards, including "project terms of reference" and detailed "project plans"
- Liaise with portfolio managers/work stream leads (as applicable) to ensure coordination of tasks across projects
- Oversee the creation of test plans that ensure testing is realistic and provides full coverage
- Manage and track delivery of deployment activities across the business and technical teams
- Work collaboratively with the business and technical change teams
- Management of Project Risk and Issues.
- Work closely with related PMO teams to ensure project deliverables, risks, and issues are integrated from a programme perspective
- Ensure the necessary BAU hand-over requirements (including documentation) is delivered / in place to support transition to service run teams
- Troubleshoot as required to ensure plans are met and early mitigations of potential delays managed
- Drive increased efficiencies across the team in order to deliver more for less
- Understand the projects critical path in order to make well-judged decisions
- Project status reporting and resource and financial forecasting
What will you be doing?
- Specific accountabilities
- The project manager will be responsible for the day to day management of technology project(s) in support of the Procurement and CRES technology roadmap
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The role holder will be required to work together with a wider range of business and technical teams, including Procurement, Cres, Finance and HR to ensure that projects are planned, managed and delivered in a controlled and structured manner.
- Build and maintain a global network of relationships across Global IT infrastructure partners, Global Information Security teams, Corporate Real Estate and Security business analysts, Design Authorities, Technical specialists
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- The role holder will support the Procurement/CRES Management Team acting as the point of contact for queries relating to their domain
- The role holder will be required to communicate and summarise complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes
- Enlists others in working towards the organisation goals; takes prompt and effective action to rectify problems within the team
- Identify problems, and address by gathering information required in order to make rational decision to resolve
What we're looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new business domains and processes
- Proven ability to multi-task, be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressured environment with changing priorities
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Good team player and self-motivated
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- High attention to detail and quality of work
- Able to create clear technical specifications from business requirements
Skills that will help you in the Role:
- Project Management experience covering multiple full development lifecycles
- Project Management methodology certification (Prince II)
- Experience of Agile Methodologies, in particularly planning and executing Sprints
- Experience of project estimating techniques
- MS Project proficiency
- Strong presentation skills and good communication skills at a senior level
- Strong client liaison and problem solving skills
- Investment banking experience
- Working with regulatory milestones
- Strong Analytical and documentation skills
- Risk and Issue management techniques and experience
- Managing across geographically dispersed teams
- Strong Business knowledge
Where will you be working?PuneBe More at BarclaysAt Barclays, each day is about being more as a professional, and as a person 'Be More @ Barclays' represents our core promise to all current and future employees It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience.
We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you areInterested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit homebarclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long termOur values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and StewardshipRespectWe harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contributionIntegrityWe operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we doServiceWe act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
ExcellenceWe champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive differenceStewardshipWe prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found themOur DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goalsOur BenefitsOur customers are unique.
The same goes for our colleagues That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.