Job Description :Job Location: India, BangaloreAbout Company:ThermoFisher Scientific Inc is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivityThrough our premier brands - ThermoFisher Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: Antibody teamThe antibody team in involved in engineering and development of antibodies, with a deep focus on reagent quality and specificity The core activities of team include antibody designing, purification, conjugation and testing of antibodies in a variety of applications such as western blotting, immunofluorescence and flow cytometry using state of the art tools and technologies The goal of the program is advanced product development and creation of product specific information to promote research useRole & Responsibilities Role: - To be a part of antibody development program and contribute to the design and testing of antibodies with a focus on performance and specificity, using state of the art molecular biology methods The role requires candidate to be rigorous in scientific experimental planning and execution.
Fluency in verbal and written communication of results in the work-place is highly desiredResponsibilities:
- Contribute in a fast- paced environment towards antibody development
- Experimental planning and execution to meet program goals Timely record keeping of results into data sheets and laboratory note-books
- Regular mining of literature and keeping oneself and team up to date with developments in field of antibody development.
- Compilation and presentation of data in written and oral formats Active participation in team meetings
- Mentoring and training junior scientists in research, experimental execution and data presentation
- Attention to detail and schedules to meet program objectives
Candidate Requirement: Education & Experience levels:
- Applicants should have Masters with 3 to 5 years' work experience OR Ph.
D with up to two years work experience in a life science stream with a strong focus in molecular biology, immunology, protein engineering, biotechnology or biochemistry
Nature of experience:
- Project or work experience in support of relevant skills such as publications, project reports or thesis work
- Extensive experience or familiarity with antibody or protein engineering, rational design of mutants, molecular biology, protein expression, protein purification, interrogating protein-protein interaction
- Familiarity or experience in development of conjugation chemistries or performing antibody conjugation
- Ability to provide detailed technical trouble shooting to resolve scientific problems
- Proficient in software or platforms for molecular biology and sequence analysis, computer applications such as MS Office and statistic software such as GraphPad Prism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team player and ability to work with different colleagues in order to meet goals
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell Apply today http://jobsthermofisher.
com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status