Job Description : Support Account Manager Premier ServicesAs a Support Account Manager within Global Support Services, you will have the responsibility to manage and build the support relationship with some of our key Premier Service customers You will be responsible for delivering an unparalleled support experience leveraging VMware solutions You will work closely with our engineering, sales, and product marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customersAt VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us Learn more about our values on our careers website: What's in it for you?VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people.
The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration We want to hire epic people who match our culture people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward In return, we offer the freedom to define and own your futureVMware OverviewVMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity VMware accelerates an organization's transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control.
Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energyfinancial, human and the Earth's With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 8,200+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovatorGSS OverviewThe VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 10,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally.
The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting mission-critical applications in a virtual infrastructureResponsibilities
- Develop excellent working relationships with the key individuals within your customer's operational team
- Work closely and collaboratively with resources across the VMware organization including Account Teams, Sales and Solution Engineers
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
- Act as the single point of contact for the management of key customer and/or partner relationships and work alongside internal teams to ensure overall customer satisfaction on behalf of Global Support Services.
- Facilitate the on boarding process of new accounts and manage access for users to the Premier Support contracts
- Conduct regular weekly or bi-weekly operational meetings with the customerfor case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actionsProvide recurring status reporting for: support requests, status updates, known issue reviews and upcoming projects
- Proactive customer notification of training opportunities, product alerts, new KB articles and bug updates
- Setup and manage the quarterly/annual operational reviews with the customer to discuss support trends and operating efficiencies
- Manage the overall customer support experience including setting and managing customer expectations, driving prioritization and advocate on behalf of the customer for issue resolution within Global Support Services
- Act as a first point of escalation for your customer, and collaborate with the Regional Escalation management team, Sales,Professional Services, Product Management to assign appropriate priority in driving complex escalations
- Become intimately acquainted with the customers business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and support history Identify solutions, have oversight and direct support requests to the proper teams and make use case information available to GSS staff when necessary to assist in problem resolution
- Work with VMware's engineering team to provide formal feedback for incidents, causes and resolutions
- Assist the customer with support planning, upgrade and maintenance updates by providing recommendations and input on the customers implementation plan Alerting GSS Staff of upcoming projects or after hour activity and managing proactive support requests in relation to this
- Provide early access to known issue fixes via beta program
- Assist customers outside of normal business hours if required
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to VMware support and program management teams based on customer experience and requirements
- Coordinate onsite visits in conjunction with TAM, Account Team and GSS Management
- Managing and updating the account document repository ensuring accuracy and completeness
- 5+ years of experience in customer management role
S, BA, degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Must be agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel from administrators to C-level executives
- Solid technical background in at least 2 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture; preferably with industry certifications
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional 60 or greater / VMWare Digital Workspace certification preferred
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Previous experience as an account manager would be an added advantage
- Open to working in shift
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics VMware encourages applicants of all ages VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local lawCategory : Services and ConsultingSubcategory: Services and ConsultingExperience: Manager and ProfessionalFull Time/ Part Time: Full TimePosted Date: 2021-01-15VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly.
Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community Shape what's possible today at http://careersvmwarecom.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics VMware encourages applicants of all ages Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.