A Career at HARMAN As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:NoneJob Description (AUTOSAR)Position Summary:This position is an embedded software engineer within the Automotive Car Audio division Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products.
Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing Position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the development of amplifier products Software development work will be mainly deeply embedded, written in C, occasionally additional testing or development tools may need to be developed on a PC The underlying architecture on the microprocessor is based on AUTOSARSupervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
Job Responsibilities:The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality The engineer must be able to understand various automotive OEM programs and guide the team in the software development The engineer will be responsible for development, configuration and integration of software for an amplifier product(s) The engineer must be able to understand the requirements for specific project/programs and be able guide the team on the BSW configuration with tooling from Vector (like Davinci Developer, Davinci Configurator) and other similar AUTOSAR stack.
- Develops CDD drivers for AUTOSAR application
- Understand the various features provided by AUTOSAR BSW modules and configure BSW modules in Davinci Configurator or similar tools
- Understand the AUTOSAR application (SW-C) configuration and the interaction of AUTOSAR applications (SW-C) with the underlying BSW modules
- Understand the functionality of RTE, mapping of application entities with BSW module parameters, OS scheduling concepts, ECU and BSW module state changes
- Understand the AUTOSAR methodology (ECU extract contents, import of ECU extract into configuration tool)
- Understand the flow of the AUTOSAR software from application till the underlying driver
- Exposure to variant management concepts
- Able to prepare guidelines and standards for AUTOSAR software development
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc)
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved and that C1 coverage is achieved
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program supported by local SMEs
- Work with off-shore development and validation teams to support in the software development activity.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers
- Have good problem solving skills
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development.
This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups
- Participates in the Change requests effort estimations
- Coordinates all the technical activities with SWPL
- 6+ years of microcontroller embedded software development or testing
- 6+ years of C or other structured language
- 6+ years of AUTOSAR experience (configuring BSW with Davinci configurator, AUTOSAR SW-C configuration using Davinci Developer, AUTOSAR integration)
- 6+ years of Automotive embedded systems development and testing
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, Ethernet, MOST, etc)
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with project schedules
- Strong attention to detail
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects
- 2+ Experience in ASPICE, Cybersecurity and Functional Safety
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Experience writing network drivers and applications (CAN, MOST, AVC-LAN, Ethernet)
- Experience in developing or working with AUTOSAR applications, configuration of BSW, MCAL modules and development of CDDs
- Experience with micro controllers S32K, v850
- Experience with micro controller based development with AUTOSAR OS (OSEK) or other embedded RTOS like uC-OSII
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Position is in Bengaluru, India
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation ()