Job Description : The Digital S/W Engineer Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies.
Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information.
Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teamsResponsibilities:
- Turn tech stack and application design into code on multiple development platforms (eg iOS, Android, web/Angular, services).
- Address a variety of responses to problems, questions, or situations by applying established criteria to directly influence development outcomes In doing so, use the right technology to solve technical challenges required to deliver small scale features and functions and / or supporting aspects of a larger program efforts
- Responsible for applications systems analysis and programming activities that may include assisting with feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs
- Accountable for development, design, construction, testing and implementation and write secure, stable, testable and maintainable code
- Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- Engage in digital applications development, risk technology, Middleware, Mainframe applications, Non Mainframe applications, Analytic Model Development and Application support activities to meet specific business needs of user areas and to test systems to ensure integrity of deliverables
- Expected to provide sound understanding of application development concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas
- On occasion, may need to consult with users, clients and other technology groups on issues and recommend programming solutions for customer exposed systems
- Take the time to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems involved with your projects This includes the business requirements, applications/services, runtime operations (including trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
- Understand the business context and the associated customer use cases
- Understand the team's technologies and are able to evaluate system designs and architecture as you participate in solution discussions, development and the creation of application / systems documentation
- Drive clarity into technical implementation by driving system build and performance discussions, providing technical context to team members as required and competently represent your team's systems to others both inside and outside Digital
- Occasionally need guidance from peers and / or manager as the team's operating procedures and technology is well defined
- Build and maintain integrated project development schedules that account for internal / external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays.
- Negotiate features and associated priority and help the team and their customers reach consensus
- Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
- Clearly articulate development and timeline dependencies
- Have good working relationships with team members, manager, and peers
- Improve team development related processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality.
- Ensure self and peers are actively seeking ways to objectively measure productivity (ie, SonarQube Findbugs) This will include a focus on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD pipeline (RTC, Jenkins, RLM)
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years in an Apps Development role Demonstrated execution capabilities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Experience in running high traffic, distributed, cloud based services
- Experience in affecting large culture change
- Experience leading infrastructure programs
- Skilled at working with third party service providers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group: Technology-------------------------------------------------Job Family:Digital Software Engineering------------------------------------------------------Time Type:------------------------------------------------------Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerQualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteranCitigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review View the "" poster View the View the .