Line of ServiceTaxIndustry/SectorNot ApplicableSpecialismIndustry Tax PracticeManagement LevelSenior ManagerJob Description & SummaryA career in our Tax Acceleration Centre is the natural extension of PwCs leading class global delivery capabilities We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagementsTo really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- This role reports to Associate Director and interacts regularly with
- leadership Responsible for sharing knowledge/information with peers and managingteam leads Identifying and addressing client needs (US engagement teams): building,maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships; communicatingvalue propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow,budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinatingcomplex written and verbal materials Support the scheduling function within the Kolkata Tax Service DeliveryCenter (SDC) This position will work directly with the Team Leaders,Supervisors and HR to assign work to staff based upon the skill set andavailability of the staff.
It includes managing the process of deployingchanges to our processes based on continuous improvement or supportactivity Should have an experience in US Corporate, Operating Partnershiptax returns (Form 1120 etc), OR Should have an experience in State & Local Tax Demonstrate intimate knowledge and/or direct managerial experiencedesigning and maintaining process models Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create anatmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement andinnovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningfulwritten and verbal feedback
Minimum years experience required
- 10+ years of post qualification experience , in US Corporate tax compliance in a similar organizationis preferable
Additional application instructions
- CA with a Commerce graduation / MBA from a premier institute US CPA or IRS Enrolled Agent qualification is preferable.
Proven thorough ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of theorganization; this includes written and verbal communications as well asvisualizations Demonstrated ability to lead teams and be a team player that has a provenrecord of working effectively at senior levels of an organization with theability to influence others to move toward consensus Demonstrated thorough substantive situational analyses and decisionmaking abilities as it relates to problem-solving tax-related processes andsystems Demonstrated understanding of the business and the associated peakperiods Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and related reporting Demonstrated ability to coach, train and mentor staff Demonstrated ability to work with leadership in the management of theteam workload
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?NoGovernment Clearance Required?No