Position Overview Valuation Control is a specialist group within Market and Valuations Risk Management (MVRM) that manages a wide range of relevant risk and implementation topics to ensure integrity and control over all aspects of the valuation of the Bank's trading portfoliosThis includes: Performance of monthly and intra-month Independent Price Verification (IPV), Reserves and Prudential Capital Oversight and development of valuation, reserve and Prudential Capital methodologies Analysis and management of key valuation uncertainty issues through DB's senior management.
Review of bespoke derivative and structured financing tradesValuations works closely with its Risk Management partners, Finance, and Trading globally and employs a team extension model in MumbaiWhat we'll offer youPlease be aware there are regional differences to DB benefits and you will need to check the correct package per advert
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs and above
- The Product Tagging Validation team is responsible for validating the product name assigned to trades across all asset classes globally The product name is used to determine model appropriateness and classify trades for various reporting processes (such as Regulatory Reporting, trader mandates, etc.
- The team reports to the Pricing Model Risk Management Steering Committee (PMRMSC) and interacts regularly with the Front Office (Strats and Trading), Global Model Validation Group, Global Valuation Group, Pricing Analytics, Group Audit and Global Technology
- There are Regulatory commitments associated with the work performed by the team, so team visibility is high and tight deadlines are common
- In addition to tag validation, the team is responsible for assisting the Front Office with the remediation of tagging exceptions and the approval of new products
- The ultimate goal is to establish an efficient, accurate, up-front control over the tagging of trades such that error detection and subsequent remediation are not required.
Therefore, there is a substantial amount of project work in addition to a business as usual process
Role Responsibilities Analysing products and trade booking to determine the logic required to automatically determine the product type and features Enhancing the BAU process by improving validation efficiency and accuracy and ultimately converting it from a monthly into a daily process.
Ensure consistent valuation and adjustments methodologies are adopted within the group Working with developers to implement validation logic to ensure it is consistently applied and sufficiently documented.
Working with Trading and Strats to remediate product tagging and definition issues to improve the Model Risk Control environment Owning the accuracy of Management Information for a certain population of trades that get reported to the PMRMSC.
Building relationships with stakeholders (eg front office) through regular interaction and co-operation, but always acting in the best interests of the Bank Managing operational risk by ensuring processes are documented and staff are cross-trained.
Developing your technical expertise to ensure you have the knowledge to face-off against technical experts in divisions outside of Business Finance Producing presentations and communicating progress to Auditors and RegulatorsPeople Management:
- Supports the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority Coaches direct reports and others in the organisation, as appropriate
- Actively supports the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment
- Supports tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organisation imperatives and needs.
Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance
Education / Qualifications / Certification:
- Previous experience working with banking products and understanding how they're booked
- Experience in dealing with Front Office business leaders
- Pricing and modeling of derivative products
- Knowledge of front-to-back architecture of Investment Banks
- Programming experience in SQL, C++ an advantage
Previous work experience:
- Ideally the candidate will have several years of experience within the valuation / Market Risk departments of a large investment bank with in-depth knowledge of Rates and Currency markets
- Specific exposure to IPV, reserving, pricing and modelling aspects of valuation control of trading businesses is preferred
- Good working knowledge of Excel, VBA and possibly Python, hands-on experience of market data providers including Reuters, Bloomberg, ISMA and Markit
Eductaion/ Qualifications/Character Degree - 2.
1 or above (or equivalent) ACA, CIMA, CFA, Relevant Masters Degree Strong derivatives product knowledge Control focused, deadline orientated, team player with high attention to detailKey Competencies
- The individual should be highly motivated and have demonstrated an ability to work in a team They should be able to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and take a proactive approach to all aspects of the role.
They should have an ability to devise creative solutions to issues as they arise while maintaining a strategic perspective
- The candidate must be numerate, articulate and confident Must be able to interact effectively with the trading staff and senior management Good communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to work with both a high degree of independence and as part of a team across locations
- A strong communicator and facilitator, able to build relationships with stakeholders and liaise effectively at all levels of the business
- Proactive and flexible mindset with ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Analytical/ structured thinking
Focused and self-motivated, with a mind-set to continuously improveOther skills:.
Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint Ability to forge strong relationship with internal departments and team members.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills to manage teamsCompetencies:
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Personal characteristics - you will be:
- Organised and diligent with a strong attention to detail
- Maintain a structured and systematic approach without being dogmatic
- An enabler who takes pride in facilitating the smooth running of processes
- Robust in your attitude to the prioritisation needed to deal with competing demands
- Able to keep focussed on the big picture whilst maintaining a clear view of the detail
- An excellent team player
How we'll support youList a maximum of 5 bullets detailing support to help develop, train, coach, progress and optimize work life balance
- eg Training and development to help you excel in your career
Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- eg Coaching and support from experts in your team
- eg A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
g A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needsAbout us and our teamsPlease visit our company website for further information:Deutsche Bank & Diversity - Do not add - This is a standard paragraph that will pull through automatically for external adverts in WorkdayDiversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents.
Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offerWe are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views.
We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offerWe promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank