JOB DESCRIPTIONFinancial Markets- Margins- Senior Analyst India Full-time (FT)Financial MarketsShift Timings: APAC (6 AM to 3 PM) / EMEA (1 PM to 10 PM.
) / NIGHT (6:30 AM to 3:30 PM) Management Level: Senior Analyst Travel Requirements: NA Specialism - Margins, Collateral Management, Break Investigation, Portfolio Reconciliation As part of our Margins team, you will be directly working with clients to understand long term strategic and mid-term business goals This role will include the understanding of Margins and Collateral lifecycle.
You will be handling margin calls, collateral break investigation, portfolio reconciliation and dispute resolution The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, with an ability to listen and comprehend information and share it with all the key stakeholders, highlighting opportunities for improvement and concerns, if any He/she must be able to work collaboratively with teams to execute tasks within defined timeframes while maintaining high quality standards and superior service levels The ability to take proactive actions and willingness to take up responsibility beyond the assigned work area is a plus The ideal candidate should possess strong business understanding of finance industry with special focus on Margins and Collateral lifecycle, Break Investigation, margin calls, collateral management.
He/she should have complete knowledge on basics of OTC and exchange traded derivative product He/she should be good with numbers and ability to derive information from data with excellent multi-tasking and creative problem solving He/she should have strong capabilities in PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel and should be able to build domain expertise and lead from the front with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and work as part of the team Margins- Senior Analyst- Responsibilities
- Responsible for all components of the daily settlement and funding, ensuring accurate and timely processing, through adherence of internal control policies and procedures
- Daily communication with clients to agree upcoming cash flows
- Investigation and resolution of client fails through various means, including daily interaction with trading desks, sales desks and middle office groups per requirement.
- Participate in Settlements / group level initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring Process documentation is maintained in an updated fashion at all times
- Reconciliation and analysis of aged breaks
- Timely escalation to Operational and departmental leads of all risks and issues
- Responding to client queries relating to position breaks, corporate action bookings and reporting etc.
- Acting as a process owner and being accountable for all outstanding items
- To ensure client SLA's are consistently delivered
- Graduation (Bcom, BBA, BBM, BCA) / Post Graduation (Mcom, MBA, PGDM)
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Loan Services, Margins or Collateral Management
- Strong business understanding of the finance industry with special focus on Collateral Management and Trade Settlements across products
- Should have basic knowledge of finance, trade life cycle, investment banking, and derivatives
- Should be good with logical and quantitative abilities
- Ability to manage and complete specific tasks with minimal direction
- Should be able to act fast and decisively when dealing with critical situations - ability to read situations and act in minutes
- Willingness to continuously learn, upgrade skills and stay relevant to business demands