HAL Placement Paper : HAL Placement Paper Aeronautical-Avionics-Aerospace 07 November 2012
HAL Placement Paper : HAL Placement Paper Mechanical engineering 04 November 2012
HAL Placement Paper : HAL Placement Paper Computer questions 04 November 2012
HAL Placement Paper : HAL Placement Paper Electronics and Electrical 07 October 2012
HAL Placement Paper : HAL Placement Paper Aeronautical Eng questions 25 April 2011
HAL Placement Paper : Test Pattern
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES APPEARING FOR THE COMPETITIVE WRITTEN TEST OF TWO AND A HALF HOURS DURATION (1030 HOURS TO 1300 HOURS) FOR SELECTION AS EXECUTIVE TRAINEES (TECHNICAL ) ON SUNDAY, THE 19TH SEPTEMBER, 2004
· Kindly appear for the Written Test on the specified Date and Time at the allotted Test Venue.
· Make sure that you occupy the allotted seat at the Test Venue by 0950 hours, which will be displayed on the Notice Board.
· Candidates are required to bring any proof of their identity having their photograph viz Passport, Voters’ ID Card, Driving License, ID Card issued by the Academic Institution last attended etc., for verification, when they come for the Written Test. The Admit Card shall be signed by the Candidates in the presence of the Invigilator. Candidates should affix their passport size photograph on the Admit Card.
· Candidates have to ensure that they return the Admit Card, OMR Answer Sheet and the Question Booklet to the Invigilator after the Written Test, failing which their candidature shall be cancelled.
· The Question Booklets are broadly classified into five Disciplines as indicated below:
2) Mechanical and Production
4) Electrical and Electronics
5) Computer Science
· Each Question Booklet will have 160 Objective Type Questions, as indicated below:
Questions specific to the respective Disciplines indicated above (120 Questions)
1. The Question Booklet for Mechanical and Production Disciplines will be the same and candidates will have to answer questions for both Mechanical and Production Branches.
2. The Question Booklet for Electrical and Electronics Disciplines will be the same and candidates will have to answer questions for both Electrical and Electronics Branches.
· There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
· Please use the blank pages provided at the end of the Question Booklet only for any rough work.
· If any Candidate is found to be indulging in any kind of malpractice like copying, trying to talk to other candidates, exchanging information, carrying/passing on chits of paper or any other mode to communicate with others, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
· Mobile Phones, Pagers, Beepers, any kind of Audio Devices, Digital Diaries, Organisers etc., shall not be permitted inside the Examination Hall.
· Candidates will be required to appear for the Written Test at their own expense and will have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging at the place of the Examination.
· Further consideration of the candidature after the Written Test will be subject to:-
1. Candidates having passed the final Engineering Examination in the specified Branches of Engg. indicated in the Advertisement, from any recognised Institution/University, with 60% marks in the Aggregate of all Semesters for General/OBC and 50% Marks in the aggregate of all Semesters for SC/ST Candidates.
2. Verification of Qualifications, Marks scored, Age, Caste (for SC/ST/OBC only), PWD (Person with Disability) /Ex-Servicemen etc.
Candidates must ensure that they are in possession of the following documents/items, when they report at the Examination Centre:
· Admit Card (with Passport Size photograph duly affixed).
· Proof of Identity having their photograph such as Passport, Voters’ ID Card, Driving License, ID Card issued by the Academic Institution last attended etc., for verification by the Invigilator.
· HB Pencils, Eraser, Pen and Calculator.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES FOR ANSWERING ON THE OMR ANSWER SHEET
(ie., if the answer to the Question is option A , then it needs to be darkened )
6. Please ensure that the Ovals are completely darkened.
HAL Placement Paper : General - other Manipal Learning Institute,Hyderabad - 25 November 2007
HAL PAPER ON 25th NOVEMBER AT HYDERABAD
hi friends, the written test contains 160 q,20 on English,10 on aptitude ,10 on general awareness,remaining 120 related to subject.all r multiplechoice q.no -ve marking.
mainly concentrate on "tense " and spellings,one passage is there,it is also some wht easy.
mostly from profit and loss,trains,avg.
1 . who won the academy award in the year 2006?
2 . who played the role of Gandhi in the movie Mahatma Gandhi?
3. Agni-iii was launched in which year?
I am from mechanical engineering. mainly the questions r frm theory of machines(Gears,Gyroscopes,Cams),Thermodynamics(second law,heat transfer), manufacturung technology. so throughly prepare all these sub. i hav cleared written.
i attended interview in banglore on 8th dec.
In interview all questions r frm basics.
first they asked which sub u like most?
i said thermodynamics.
some of the quest...
1. wht is first law?
2.wht r various types of heat transfers? wht is convectoin?
3.wht is blackbody radiation?
4wht is absorbvity,emissivity?
5 wht is mechanism?
draw the fig of quick return mechanism?
6.some questions regarding gears
HAL Placement Paper : Whole Testpaper All Saints High Schol ,Hyderbad - 28 October 2007
HAL PAPER ON 28th OCTOBER AT HYDERABAD
Hi every body...today i gave HAL written test in hyderbad in ELECTRONICS branch there are 145 technical questions and 15 general studies the very very very very very important thing for those who apearing for HAL exam in electronics is they are given most of the questions from DC MECHINES nearly 50 quetions from that subject today i was shocked to see ques,s from that subject,so pls concentrate more on dc mechines.
mostly they are given questions from these subjects
1.dc mechines(about 50)
5.EDC & analog electronics (8)
the paper is very hard i dont expect they will give question patern like this so plz concentrate more on mechines
some of questions i feel easy and i remember are
1.what is weight of 5rupee coin??
2.who is below never a cheif justice of india ?
3.what is largest ISRO company in india?
4.who is player took 10 wikts in one test innings ?
(in the list anil kumble not given)
1.binary number for 1001.1101?
2.decimal number for 19?
3.excess-3 code for 29?
4.speed-torque characterictics of dc motor?
(some figures given)
5.quantization noise occurs in??(repeated question 2 times given)
6.schering brige method used for measuring of??
7.prom based on networks are very very easy every body can ans...like calculate curent in one resistor if 10 resistors are connected in parall like that
8.if speed doubles,distance increases what is the torque in dc motor?
9.what is the value of A,+1 ?
10.what is instrument used in MIC instrument?
a)galvonometer b)ammeter like that....
11.question about dammping concept in PMMC
12.what is PAL full form??
13.what is the use for sweeping resistor in transistor??
14.quetion based on bootstraping concept.
15.rms current in half wave rectifier?
16.what is form factor?(some ratios are given)
17.prob on tree branches concept
18.range of radio telemetry...some frequencies given
so these are questins which are very very easy and i remembered
dont feel happy to see these questions in every exam these type easy questins they will give but
who gave corect answers to difficult questions he only will select in written test.so do hard work better to learn concept clearly now a days this galgotia book also not useful for p.s.u,s
prepare test books more.....
HAL Placement Paper : HAL Paper General - other
HAL PAPER ON 20th MAY AT BANGALORE
HI friends i am ASHISH BHUIYA, done my BE from BHOPAL (ALL SAINTS, COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY). I was appear for the post of magmt. tranee in last 20th may 2007,from the branch EC
THERE WAS THREE SECTION.
HAL Placement Paper : HAL Paper Whole Testpaper Hyderabad - 20 May 2007
HAL PAPER ON MAY 20th AT HYDERABAD
1 synchro tc and rx is
a ) two phase ac
b) three phase ac
c) dc only
2 in 4 bit number one bit indicates sign of the number then the locations are from
a) -8 to 8
b) -7 to 7
c) -16 to 16
3 G(s) = 10/S(S+2) then the natural frequency of this transfer function is
4 In TV video amplifier is used for =?
5) one block contain one of the R L C element then the frequency of that one is 1 MHZ when the capacitor C= 0.1 uf is added to that block then the frequency becomes 2 MHZ then what is the element inside the block at first time
c) capacitor with 0.5 uf
d) none of these
ans : b
6) For unit step input they gave the input G(S)= - -- - - -,h(s)= -------then he ask the steady state error for that transfer fn
7)Avalanche photo diode is used when compared to PIN diode bcz
a) larger band width C)-------
b) high sensitivity d) --------
8) some non zero DC voltage is to RC low pass circuit then the DC voltage in the output contains
a) Same as in input
a) Same as in input
b) Higher than input
d) Slightly increases
9) ifthe output of the gate is always high then the gates applied to this logic are
a) NAND and EXOR
b) Nand and NOR
c) AND and XNOR
d) OR and XOR
Ans ) a
10) For the voltage series feedback he gave input resistance and A and beta value then find the output resistance ?
11)Signal to noise ratio =15 db Bandwidth =4KHZ then the channel capacity -?
Ans : C= B Log (1+ s/n) =16 log 2
12 ) Four messages are given like this 0.5,0.25,0.125,0.125 ,entrophy value is =?
Ans: Entrophy= Avg of all informations
13) Thermal Run away is not possible in FET bcz the flow of
a) minority careers c) _____
b) Transconductance d) none
Ans : FET is unipolar so there are no minority careers .Thermal run away occurs only minority careers
14)Gm= 10 ,Rd =20k,Rl =10 find the amplification factor -=?
Ans = U=
15) Two ideal voltage sourd=ces resistors are connected in series ,power of that one is 4W ,If one of the sorce is active other resistors are shorted .Calculate the power when both are active +/
16) A TV braod cast tx uses which type of antenna =?
a) parabolic antenna b)=---
c)----- d) -----
ans : a
17) Electric field and equi potential lines are
a) parallel to each other
b) In Quadrature
ans : b
18 ) L1= ----- , L2 = ---- k= _---- then mutual inductance of the coil is =?
Ans : M=ksquare root of L!and L2
19 ) one cube some is there to find out the how many number of cubes are having single side ?
20)Two qs in verbal are ----- two statements are given for that the relation btwn those two
Totally there are 160 qs out of that 100 qs from technical and 60 qs from aptitudeand verbal