Hexaware Placement Paper : Hexaware Placement Paper Sairam engg college Chennai 22 July 2010
Hexaware Placement Paper : Whole Testpaper B.I T. Durg - 19 April 2007
HEXAWARE PAPER ON 19th APRIL
Hi Everyone This is Abhishek Tiwari From S.S.C.E.T Bhilai. I attended the Hexaware recruitment.....on 19th April in B.I.T Durg. Around 400 students attended the recruitment test and finally 28 were selected .I was one of them
The recruitment procedure consists of 3 rounds
1. WRITTEN TEST (APTITUTE, ENGLISH, TECHNICAL)
The Aptitude round consisted of 100 questions and you are given 60 minutes time... The aptitude round consisted 25 verbal q,s, 25 Maths q,s and 50 technical q,s... Time will not be enough to complete the paper start with verbal and move to technical and at last do the maths... The technical aptitude questions are different for IT and Non IT stream...
The few technical questions I remember are
1. Which of following dissipates least power?
2. What is the
3. The resistor is given voltage V=150 sint .what is the power dissipated?
4. How to find the value of Z in theveins theorm ?
Ans sc voltage source and oc current source.
5. If in addition of excess-3 code the sum exceeds 9 then what we hav to do?
Ans subtract it by 0011
6. A signal is modulated having modulation index 3 and 4 .what will be resultant M.I
Ans 5[srt of m1+m2]
7. IC timer 555 can be used as?
a. astable mv
b. monostable mv
c .freq divider
8. Give the contents of SP & HL pair after the execution of following statements
1002 LXI SP, 27FFH
1003 CALL 1006H
1006 PUSH H
Ans SP=27FFH HL=1006H
9. Phase margin of system is 125 what is its gain margin?
Ans -125 [not sure]
10. If the gate voltage is increased the n what will be the effect In MOSFET?
Ans Channel widens.
11. Current in the rotor of 3 phase induction motor is due to?
12. Question on transmission line with values of Zoc and Zsc given.Find the value of Zch?
Ans Zch =sqrt[ZocXZsc].
13. White noise has?
Ans Flat power spectral density.
14. The Transfer function of the system was given .find the no. of breakaway pts?
15. If a function has half wave symmetry its Fourier transform consist of?
A. only odd harmonics
B. only even harmonics
C. Both even & odd harmonics but no constant term
Some questions were from digital communication, digital electronics all questions were basic.
The aptitude questions were repeated from previous papers. Few of them are
1. Let ax2 + bx + c = 0
If the sum of the equal roots is equal to the product of the same roots. Then which of the following hold true
Ans. b+c = 0
2. A person,s salary is getting reduced by 20%. What percentage should be added to get back his
3. In a rectangle the length is increased by of the original length. By what proportion should the
width be reduced so that the area will be the same?
4. Find the nth number in the series is 1, -3, 5, -7.___
Ans. (-1) ^ (n-1)*(2n-1)
5. If a square is formed by the diagonal of the square as an edge, what is the ratio between the area?
6. 12. In the series 0, 3, 8, 15,__ What is the next number?
7. find odd member out?
A .IBM B.DELL C.COMPAQ D.MOTOROLA
A. SQL server B. Sybase C.ORACLE D.UNIX
A. B B. C C. F D. I
Few Questions from a passage ,to find the synonyms and antonyms of the BOLD words
Few Questions to correct the sentence given
Out of 400 students appeared 133 cleared the written exam
We were divided in 13 groups each of 10 students
The few topic given were
· Performance of Indian cricket Team in 2007 WC
· Should Women be inducted in Indian Army?
· A plane has been hijacked by the terrorist, now u have to decide weather to take military action or to negotiate with them. Discuss…….
My topic was women’s reservation should be forced in IT industry
They check your communication skills and level of understanding and general awareness .If possible interact with
Out of 133 students 48 got through GD
It was a general interview .Few students were asked basic questions related to their branch. Some students had purely HR interview. Mine was completely HR interview with few questions on C Be thorough with your resume .Try to give Specific examples for questions related to ur resume .Listen carefully the PPT & prepare ans. accordingly .
Out of 48 students 28 were finally selected and I was one of those lucky 28
Hope to see u in Hexaware in near future. Best of luck………………………
Hexaware Placement Paper : General - other ITER , Bhubaneswar - 10 April 2007
HEXAWARE PAPER ON 10th APRIL AT BHUBANESWAR
Hye everyone... I attended the hexaware recruitment.....
The recruitment precodure consists of 3 rounds
1.WRITTEN TEST (APTITUTE,ENGLISH,TECHNICAL)
1.WRITTEN TEST (APTITUTE,ENGLISH,TECHNICAL)
WRITTEN TEST was little difficult n lengthy also.It consist of 3sections-english,mathematics n at last techical paper which is little tuff than the other two sections.
I am a non-IT student so for us technical paper was not from C/C++ , it was electronics core type paper.So you must be perfect in
Hexaware,s written test was little difficult n i personally believe that it was difficult but i cleared the written test.And some of my very close friends of my branch found the paper very easy,they helped us n cleared handsomly.
OUT OF 320 STUDENTS 116 STUDENTS WERE CALLED UP FOR THE GD NEXT DAY.
MY GD TOPIC WAS----
"WHO WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF
SOME OTHER TOPICS LIKE "HOW SHOULD COPYING IN EXAM BE STOPPED"
"SOFTWARE COMPANIES DEVELOPING IN ORISSA"
SO OUT OF 116 STUDENTS 34 CLEARED THE GD N FORTUNATELY I WAS THERE IN THT 34.THN SUDDENLY WE WERE CALLED FOR THE TECH INTERVIEW.
I WANT TO SHARE SOME QUESTIONS WHICH I WAS ASKED IN THE TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
WHICH MAY HELP YOU IN FUTURE....
>> I ENTERED THE ROOM-WISHED HIM.
>> HE SAID TAKE
>> I-THANK U SIR
>> THN HE ASKED DIRECTLY IN SUBJECT U HAVE SPECILAIZATION
>> I SAID MICRPROCESSER 8085
>> THEN HE ASKED TEL ME WITH HOW MANY VOLTAGE DOES MICROPROCESSOR WORKS?? ans is 5v.
>> I REPLIED CORRECTLY.
>> THEN HE ASKED 5v A.C. OR D.C.VOLTAGE?? ans is dc.
>> THEN HE ASKED HOW MANY PINS DOES 8085 MICROPROCESSOR HAS??
>> THEN HE TOLD ME TO WRITE A PROGRAM(MULTIPLY TWO NUMBERS)IN 8085.
>> I WROTE CORRECTLY.
>> THEN TOLD ME WRITE ANOTHER C PROGRAM.
>> I WROTE IT CORRECTLY N ALSO EXPLAINED THE BOTH PROGRAMS.
>> THEN HE ASKED ABOUT SOME INSTURUCTIONS SET IN 8085.
>> I REPLIED.
>> THEN HE ASKED ME ABOUT MY NAME.
>> I REPLIED.
>> THN HE SAID OK THANK YOU-I SAID THANK YOU SIR MY PLEASURE.
I ANWSERED ALL CORRECTLY BUT MADE ONE SIMPLE WRONG. BUT I WAS CONFIDENT N HAPPY HOW MY INTERVIEW WENT N HOPING FOR THE RESULTS.....
AFTER 1HR RESULTS DECLARED OUT OF 34 SIX GOT SELECTED.AND MY NAME WAS NOT THERE IN THT SIX.THT MOMENT WAS VERY PAINFUL FOR ME.BUT THEN I REALISED I WAS OUT BECOZ OF THT ONE MISTAKE,I ANSWERED AL CORRECTLY EXCEPT ONE.ONE OF MY GUD FRD GOT SELECTED.
OK GUYS THIS WAS MY EXPERIENCE WHICH I WNT TO SHARE WIT U N MAY HELP U IN FUTURE. OK BYE GUYS
Hexaware Placement Paper : Whole Testpaper SCSVMV University, Kanchipuram - 27 February 2007
HEXAWARE PAPER ON 27th FEBRUARY AT SCSVMV UNIVERSITY
1) Written Test - 100 questions - 100 marks - 1 Hour
2) Group Discussion.
3) Technical Interview.
4) HR Interview. (TECH + HR in my case...)
DETAILS OF THE TEST:
Exam duration: 1 Hour.
Total Questions: 100
Total Marks: 100
Each question carries 1 mark… no negative marking…
Speculated CUT-OFF range- 35 and above
Written test results were announced within 45 minutes.
GD results were announced within 2 minutes.
Synonyms n antonyms- 10 questions.
Find the misspelled words - 5 questions.
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words - 5 questions.
Quantitative Aptitude - 40 Questions.
Technical section- 40 Questions (Separate questions in this section for IT (CSE and IT) and Non-IT (EEE, ECE) guys).
Go through any dumb quantitative aptitude text book like R.S. AGGARWAL … but… some questions require thinking of a different kind…
The strategy should be some thing like this…
If you’re comfortable with Q.A section… go for it right away.. There’s no point in loosing opportunity to gain marks to sitters out there waiting for your mercy!!. .. And if you didn’t pump in the usual amount of preparation for the exam... Go for the technical section….remember… ECE and EEE dudes have the same question paper!
Majority of the questions that I came across were related to… Control Systems… Digital electronics… Electrical Machines… go through all the damn basics from these topics…
And… well… the English part… ALL PEOPLE PRAY THY LORD… BARRON’S - HOW TO PREP. FOR GRE.
Easily you can answer 40 - 50 questions within 30 minutes… THIS IS A FIGURE INDICATIVE OF THE ANSWERS THAT ARE DEEMED CORRECT BY THY LORD… and… don’t leave your answer sheet blank … as far as there is no negative marking… you can always fill up those empty answer bubbles…
1. Should parent’s n teachers be instructive towards their wards post adolescence?... in simple terms… Should parents prove themselves a pesky lot for their children.. Even after they reach 18 years?
2. Arranged Marriages Vs Love Marriages... (Never... ever think about saying somethin like.. Loving your mate after getting married and… stuff like that!!)
3. What should India do to win a gold medal in the Olympics?.
The GD topics are really intuitive… and entirely based upon the mentor standing over. He gives you one minute flat to decide a topic of your choice among yourselves... And if you don’t end up with something... He might go for very general topics like the ones above…
Preparation for GD… should be something like this…
Take up the recent editions of FRONTLINE… I recommend no other magazine than this…If you can afford it… subscribe it... Get the facts over hot n Boiling issues the world over such as… Murder trail of saddam hussain… Russian oil prices issue… Israel- Palestine Conflict… Indo- Pak scenario through the decades… Is china a tough competitor to India over the IT Highway?... Brain Drain and Brain Train… Why the hell is America playin with the lives of oil soaked countries… and… Bombay Serial bombings… Godhra incident…. Anything… read the editorial section of The Hindu daily… you’ll have real time inferences at your hand.
Overview of GD:
My GD topic is “Should parent’s n teachers be instructive towards their wards post adolescence??”
My Batch consisted of 13 members. The initiation was damned to hell… you get it right and flowing.. You’ve done your job 50%. Ma GD section was like this… (1 min-choose the topic, 2min-prepare the topic, 20min-shout like hell)So.. Here r my rules…
Nobody gives you a chance to speak up.. Its your right to get noticed. . Don’t wait for your chance - Grab it, carry a loudspeaker if possible.
Have a firm but relaxed sitting posture... Lean slightly forward… don’t play with a pen or pencil… you’ll be noticed from head to toe… remember!
Never ever make unruly gestures. You are out immediately!!
Remember… QUALITY > QUANTITY in GD’s. Speak up in a very firm tone… the authority in your voice should command that you’re a leader from hell!
If the situation degrades to a shouting match... Shout at the top of your voice… otherwise you may not be noticed by others.
Get ready to summarize. 2 or 3 chosen people will summarize the whole discussion. Try to say all the points and speak out the appropriate conclusion.
So… even if you talk less...but can manage somehow to put forward six to seven QUALITY (Don’t you talk crap... mike!) points into the discussion.. You’re in. Mail me if you didn’t make it... I’m your last hope!!
I delivered all these at the right instance… and... I’m one of the lucky 4 guys outta my batch heading for the HR.
Right after the GD, we had a one hour break after which we had an excruciating spell waiting for our turn to come up. I geared up myself, imagining all the possible situation that I could possibly fall into.. I had this nausea coming up from the bottom, as people were coming out of the interview halls either with delighted or.. Sloppy faces.
My turn now..
HR: You have good grades at your +2 and UnderGrad..Tell me about yourself giridhar
Me:Blah blah blah... for five good minutes
I had intermittent questions as i was blurting ma answer out... can’t remember each too well.
Gyan:Never initiate this answer with something like. I’ve had my schooling at this school...at that college... undergrad at this college.. ma marks are... stop yelling out the crap thats already with him in your CV and.. tell him who you are... how is your environment... your ethical and moral values.. how you achieve our goals... this deadly question needs at least a days preparation... get it right and gear up for the next question
HR: What are your negatives giridhar?
Gyan:This question reflects your attitude towards yourself. I think the negative aspect of yours should not be a cost to the company( “your negative should be a positive one to the company”). Be very careful in answering this question. “perfectionism” might be a good example... you are a perfectionist.. but it makes you feel kinda restless...but it is an assent to your company.
HR: What do you know about this company
Gyan:This question is mainly asked to test about your ability to do homework. (not the homework we do in our schools). It is knowing beforehand about the company . You gotta studyout some intricate and important details such as the company’s stock value... it’s expertise in parallels.. company locations..etc.,You don’t need to know in and out about the company but still, the more you know, the better are your chances. Go through the company website completely and run a search in google.
HR:Tell me about your mini-project.
Gyan: This is used to test your ability of selling. That is, your ability to explain something. Be sure footed about your project. The technical questions may sometimes start from this question. They kicked them off with this question
HR: What are our favourite subjects?
ME: Electrical Machines and Power Electronics.
He then started off with questions , very basic ones initially and then digged deep into the subject .Questions i remember
“What kinda motors are used in trains and trams”
Ans: Series and compound motors
“Draw the phasor diagrams of all the electrical machines you know”
Ans: Confessed that i remember none... could draw diags of R, L and C combination circuits. Got myself bombarded with questions from power electronics (My Mini Project)
HR: What languages are you comfortable with??...
Questions: WAP to generate fibonacci series
Swapping of numbers using call b ref. And call by value (Only logic.. cut out the printf... scanf kinda crap).
That’s it guys! These are all I can remember. Again I have covered most part and any other questions will be similar. So extrapolate what I have given here and prepare accordingly.
Last thing; please live up to your Resume. Do not think of putting something that you don’t know about or know just ‘something’ about. Highlight the words which you are completely confident of. When seeing your resume, the interviewer must be able to get knowledge of who you are by just giving a glance. So highlight your GPA if it is high and skills which you know in and out.
Your resume need not be 3 or 4 pages long to tell you are a learned person. The contrary holds good in the real life. The shorter and ‘sweeter’ the resume is the better are your chances. 2 pages is good enough.
Face the interviewers with a positive frame of mind. Think that you can do it. what is in your mind, either the positive or negative mindset just reflects in your face, eyes and in your words
Hexaware Placement Paper : General - other Chennai - 11 December 2006
HEXAWARE PAPER ON 11th DECEMBER AT CHENNAI
Hexaware Placement Paper : Whole Testpaper Chennai - 8 November 2006
HEXAWARE PAPER ON 8th NOVEMBER AT CHENNAI
Hai friends, Iam uday kumar.k.Iam studying IVEEE in MITS, MADANAPALLE.
Hexaware Placement Paper : Whole Testpaper Chennai - 9 September 2006
Hi friends, the qs mentioned r truly correct & precise .there were 100 qs in all comprising of 20 qs in Eng, 30 qs in maths & 50 qs in their particular stream.
1-5) find out antonyms:
1) scrupulous A) understood B meticulous C careless D rude E witty Ans c
2) tacit A calm B silent C intelligent D spoken E rude Ans D
3) lustrous A dull B freaky c delicious D spicy E gloomy Ans A
4) admonish A taunting B appreciate C scold E faint E shrilly Ans B
5) raucous A silky B hairy C decent D freaky E noisy Ans C
6-15)find out synonyms
6) invidious Ans discriminatory
7) vigilant a watchful b careless c freaky d faint e dirty Ans a
8) Replete Ans full,instinct
9) Implode Ans go off
10) Impervious Ans
11) Communiqué- Ans dispatch
12) impertinent- Ans fresh,
13-17) the ……13….. nature of internet and in the its increasing …14…… of users because of its underlying ……15……..has made enhancements in its…16……….. and compatible for……17……………… .
TIPS: 1) for maths section refer to R.S Aggarwal & R.D Sharma of 10+2
1)a rhombus has area 432 sq m, one diagonal is 36 cm. find other diagonal ? Ans 24 cm
2) an equilateral triangle has perimeter a cm . find its area . Ans a2/12√3
3) average of seven nos is 25. avg of first three of them is 35 while last three of them is 20. find 4th no. Ans 10
4) find avg of all nos. which lies b/w 1 and 100 & r divisible by 7. Ans. 52.5
5) avg of three nos is 33. first one is as much more than avg as third one is less than avg. Ans 33
6) find sum of series: 1+ 0.1+0.001+0.0001+…………. Ans: 10/9
7) if price of t.v set is reduced by 20%, then its sale increases by 80%, find net effect on sale value Ans 44%more
8) how much a decimal of 1/3600? Ans 0.00027
9) f(x): sq root of x ,g(x) : cube root of x, then find value: f(f(x)+g(x)) Ans 1.0
10) find loal max & min of 2 + f(2x2+ 3X +1) ?
11) find the point which is nearest to (1,2,3)
det 456 Ans 0
13) integration of which is maximum for ∫f(x),lim(0,1) ? a) 2x b) 2x2 c) 2x3 d)2 const fn Ans d
14) find vector perpendicular to 2i +5j +4k Ans 2i-12j+7k
15) speed of boat in still water is 9km/h . if boat moves upstream A to B in 2 hrs. & B to A in 1 hrs. Then find distance b/w A&B Ans 12
16) what no should be subtracted from 92555 to make it a perfect square ? Ans: 39
17) the probability of a student possessing a ball point pen in exam is 3/5 & possessing an ink pen is 2/3. find his probability of possessing at least one of them . Ans 13/15.
18) In an interview , the probability of appointing Husband is 1/5 while that of wife is ¼.find probability that only one of them get selected in interview. Ans :1/4
19) find the probability that a five digit no formed by 1,2,3,4,5 ( not repeated) are divisible by 4. Ans : 3/20.
20) find the probability in a group of 10 students sitting in a row , two of them always sit next to each other. Ans: (1/9) (not sure , u try urself)
21) A clock hand overtakes hour hand in 65 min the in how much time it will cover 65 time **** Ans none of all( refer to r.s . agg)
22) if no of employees are reduced by ratio x:y & their wages are increased by ratio p:q. then find the ratio to which their wages bill decreases Ans: xp: yq
23) Three sides of a triangle are given 15,11,7, find cosine of angles ? Ans : apply formula cosA= b2+c2-a2/2*c*b, cos B= a2+b2 –c2/2*a*b;
24) if a tap could fill entire tank in 18 hrs due to leakage, then in how much time tank can be emptied by leakage if tap can fill entire tank in 12 hrs without leakage? Ans: 6hrs
25) Three liquids were mixed in 5:4:1 ratios. If cost per kg for ach of them is 4.50, 3.75
& 5.10. Then in what price mixture should be sold to get 25% profit? Ans
26) Two commodities have cost per kg is 4.75Rs & 3.20Rswere mixed in a certain ratio so as to make cost price of mixture as 17.75 Rs. Find the ratio Ans 4:1.
Recommendations:1) you must have fundamental knowledge in every subject u have studied so far in degree course
2) NETWORKING, AUTOMATA,S/W ENGG(testing),H/w &memory based numericals
,data structure(must), slight ADA
Technical for comp sci/ IT /MCA
1) palindrome……… recognized by finite automata A may be B can be C can’t be D may not be Ans can’t be
2) error detection is done by a hamming codes B cycle redundancy codes C routers d others Ans
3) how many canonical expressions can be formed when edge =2
4) if i/ps in a stack are in order 1,2,3,4,5 the order of o/ps is Ans 5,4,3,2,1
5) a logic gates does response to i/p in a ) a sec b) hundredths of sec c)a few millions of sec d) a few billions of sec
6) shortest distance can be determined by which algorithm a) dynamic programming b) greedy method 3) backtracking 4) divide & conquer Ans
7) 7489 IC is a)32 bit rom B) 32 bit ram C)64rom D)64 ram
8) value of max clock is given to which a) shift register b) counter c) logic gate d)flip flop e) ***
9)in semantic analysis what we do A) arguments analysis B) syntactic constructs checking C) ****
10) which of following a queue can perform A printer spooling B cpu scheduling C ****
D all of above Ans D
11) which of following is a continuous data structure in which insertion can take place from any direction but deletion takes place from opposite direction A) stack B) queueC)
array D) tree E)### Ans B
12) how much channels an ISDN has in which different operations are done simultaneously a)2 b) 3c) 4 d) 5 E)####
13) which n/w comprises a server in center & rest nodes surround it ? Ans star n/w
14) a tree in which every node(value) which exceeds parent node is placed on right while node lacking than parent is placed on left Is called ? Ans BINARY TREE
15) thrashing is done when o) don’t know##
16) A que was on finding no of nodes in a tree having 16 child nodes (note : not exact but try to do such sums on tree in data structure)
17) another que was of sort that def of a tree was given in two statements & was asked which five option is valid for this def? ( note : validity was asked on the base of no of childs & parents nodes) A) r child, r+1parents B) r child, r parents C) r+1 child, r parents D)r+1 parent , r child E)#####
18) hashing table signifies what ?
19) how many address bits should there be in segmentation with paging to show 512 segments each having 64 pages . Ans 15
20)a que was of sort that in round robin scheduling four jobs A,B,C,D were given to queue having completion time 4,1,2,1 . the quantum period was unit sec. then find throughput time of job A.
21) how many paths would be formed to make a complete n/w between four nodes
22) segment statements are stored in ?
23) alias statement are invoked by ?
24) if any Automatic variable is not intialised then it will have? A garbage B 0 C -1D 1
25) recursive language is recognized by A turing m/c B non finite automataC finite automata D##### ( note: refer to theory of computation & automata)
26) which protocol is used for identifying IP address A arp B rarp C x.25 D****
c-> x then corresponding string is
a) x*w+ y*w b)########### (note refer to toc&a)
28) how many words can be stored in a memory of 64K?
29) Aloha is Ans channel allocation algo
30)frequency bandwidths are allotted to message by A) modem B) frequency division mux C###### Ans B
31) message passing is what ?
32) tell the addressing mode in which contents of operand are direct fetched from memory without change A) indirect B) index register mode C) implied D) base register
33)which one of these always reside in memory? A) assembler B) linker C) loader D) compiler C) none of these.
two qs were on o/p of program in c based on loop & static, auto, extern classes
three easy qs were based on simple h/w knowledge regarding cpu, motherboard, memory
Hexaware Placement Paper : Whole Testpaper Panvel,pillai college of Eng and Tech - 30 August 2006
Hexaware Placement Paper : sastra - 18 July 2006
Hexaware Placement Paper : General - other Truba Collg,Bhopal - 15 July 2006
HEXAWARE PAPER ON 15th July 2006 AT TRUBA COLLEGE, BHOPAL
I have recently been placed in Hexaware techologies in july 06.
It was through G4 solution.
There were basicly 3 rounds.
1.Online examination - The online examination was of 60 min AND 60 QUES were asked.
mostly from english,basic Quantative aptitude and the most important
part was computer awareness. There were average level of questons.
The test was held by G4 solution, a userid and pass was given to us
and through that we got login.
2.GD - Just after the Online exams we were told to go for GD where we were organised in a group of
10 students. The GD was very much with the rules. Everyone was given the chance to speak
They expected strong communication skills
on the basis of online test and gd a combined shortlist was given.
Out of 950 students who participated..209 got shortlisted.
3. Interviews - The Next day we had Final Interviews.There were 6 panels who were taking the interview.
First was an HR Interview which was of 5 mins. after that they send me for technical
interview which lasted for45mins. They expects strong basic technical knowledge of ur core branch.
As i was from It i was asked few questions on OOPs,JAVA,C++,Internet,Networking,Database.
If your basics in technical is clear u will definetly crack hexaware.