Tavant Placement Paper : University Institute Of Techn, West Bengal ,25 January 2011
Lemme drive u through my entire Selection Process.
1. A Pre Presentation Talk summing up the entire system of Tavant, technical, innovativeness and managarial aspects,
There was no aptitude test for us. Because we were Shortlisted on the basis of our AMCAT marks.
GD: Time limit = 20 mins, in group of 10 -12
Topic = "Need 4 new reforms in our EDUCATION SYSTEM" I discussed on the TOPIC for 4 times, made some valid suggestions,,,,,, and finally they asked for individual conclusions, :D after the end of GD of all the Groups, results were announced elimination rate bout 50%
Well the First Round is Quite easy if you fair enough communication skill, good understanding of GD and Logical Approach toward the conclusion. I Got through this round very easily.
Technical: Time limit varied from 30 mins to 80 mins. Mine was bout for 35 to 45 mins excatly donno.
I introduced myself. I talked Bout CS 1.6, team management, my strengths only (and not weaknesses), etc.
2. What is CS 1.6 ? said LAN GAME, bla bla.
3. PROJECTs, my FAV part of technical interview. DAY b4 i deliverd a seminar on our project, I took bout 10- 15 mins to describe the entire project, and i bit bout my other projects also.
4. Fav SUBJECT said "C" and am a bit into "Programming" 2. But he nvr tested me on "C" and programming skills.
5. AVL Tree, said.
6. Explain its balancing with example, explained.
7. Gave me a BST, asked me to insert 10 , 11, 12 and to balance it, i was done upto 11, he told me to explain, I explained. He took the rough sheet to check the answer himself.
8. Puzzles average difficulty. But not all, 3 back to back puzzles, easier than sakuntala devi, My prepration for INFOSYS helped me here. I wasn,t able to asnwer all perfectly, but i knew that my approach was correct, he tried to confuse me too.
9. C++, OOP concepts, abstract class said
10. Differnce btwn abstract class and interfaces (written Java)
11. C vs C++ vs Java explain said 3-4 differnces, he stopped me
12. Some elementary def. from Java said
13. Some more Questions from Java, I was to ans NoNe. "SAID DONNO"
14. OS (def.), what is the need for OS said asked me some jargaon Questions from OS architecture, Said DONNO and laughed at my self ,, he smiled too.
15. UNEXPECTED Q,s Define Electricity what are electrons? how they flow? Why they flow? How to create electrons? Generating electricity? etc etc, back to back RAPID FIRE ansd some, mostly "SAID DONNO".
16. 1 Puzzle
17. Networking? OSI LAYers of OSI explain all the Layers explained, "SAID Donno Bout, session and presentation layers"
18. As i mentioned RDMS in my CV, he asked my RDBMS vs DBMS? Normalization ? Need For Normalization? Types of NF,s ? Xaplin all of em. explained upto BCNF? "said Donno Bout 4,5 and 6th" he asked me why u dnt know bout em,,,u mentioned RDBMS in ur CV. "said i nvr Used those NF,s in my ISD Project"
19. Elementary Questions from Microprocesser. What is it? Where is it used? Y is it Used?
20. Last puzzle.
You may leave now, It Was basically a rapid fire round, no time to think bout it, either u have it or u don,t, :D. Always kept a fake SMILE, very Tough for a Guy Like ME, laughed at myself while giving wring ans,s, that made im laugh tooooooooo.
We shook hands :D
Do,s and Dont,s: * Do no panic at all coz of long tiring interviews, they wanna see whether u get frustrated or not?
* Keep a FAKE smile, i know its vry difficult at times, but it helps a lot, it show ur CONFIDENCE.
* Do not RUSH to a solution of a puzzle. Think straight ,,,puzzles are quite simple,
* Good knowledge of elementary Geometry Helps a lot.
* Keep ur basics very clear, regarding the departmental subjects all the subjects
like ( C, DS, C++, Java, a bit of .NET basics, DBMS, OS, Networking),,,, and some awkward questions were also asked, from electrical (to me), physics(to my friends) etc. GOD can only help u in this case.
70 % ELIMINATED only 5 remaining.
2. Project details
3. Y Tavant and Y U for TAVANT ?
4. She talked a lot wid me, bout TaVAnt Technology, we had a big discussion. I Lost all my tension at that time.
5.Then Came to family BAckground.
6. Do u have siblings?
7. So ur the only son of ur parents, r u willing to RELOCATE, :D
This Question was like a sweet music to my ears, I felt that i got it,,
8. Any Questions? I asked two questions. Said TY mam,
She Told me to wait outside to to get ur results.
At the end of the day all 5 who cleared the Technical cleared the HR also. Well most of u dnt know bout
"TAVANT TECHNOLOGIES" but let me asure u dat, it can be ur dream job too,
1. 3.5 LPA inhand. Total Package 4.0 LPA (Greater than TCS, CTS, Wipro,Accenture, Infosys, Capgemini and many more )
2. No Bond thats Y 3.5 LPA inhand, rathaer than 4.0 LPA u,LL loose the 50000 Rupees if u leave em.
3. Campuss to Corporate ,,Transition is very Smooth, Feel like Student rather than a CORPORATE official.
4. Social fests, Technical Fests, fashion shows, sporting events.
5. Less Work Load, No FIXED DRESS CODE. any thing is allowed if not vulgar,
6. Exposure to projects at a faster rate, So fast Experience.
7. Technical xposure? JAVA/J2EE, .NET, LAMP, and cutting edge technologies, like ANDROID.
TAG LINE "work SMART, party HARDER"