Synergy Placement Paper : Delhi/chennai ,12 December 2010
1. Technical :
Basic fundamentals question from Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, hydraulic machines, RAC, material science, production engineering and industrial engineering, Strength of materials. IC engine, Heat and mass transfer and power plant.
NOTE- Direct questions from khurmi objective Mechanical Engineering.
(1) General Knowledge: G.K. was easy comparatively.
1. 2010 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratn Award is given to- Sania nehwal
2. BIHU is local dance of which state- Asam
3. 2012 Olympic will organize in- London.
4. Sign of Indian Rupees is made by. D. uday kumar.
5. Brahm Society was established by- Raja Rammohan Ray
6. State of max. population in density in India- W.B.
7. Who is the ex-officio of planning commition of india is- P.M..
8. Which temple is made up by cutting Kailasa Mount- Ajanta, Alora,elephentas etc
9. 20-20 cricket world cup winner of 2010- England
10. Which river drains in Arabian Sea- Tapi.
11. Which country is recently become the member of SAARC- Myanmar, Sri lanka, Bhutan etc.
12. Durand line is in between of which two countries - pak/afganistan.
13. Currency of Bhutan …..And few more
(2) English: Synonyms, preposition, 5 best meaning and 2 para graph having 5 question each.
(3) Aptitude: Profit loss, Ratio and proportion, time and work, simple interest, compound interest
(4) Reasoning: There was 5 question each from Analogy, Venn diagram, Statement and conclusion, Direction sense test, cube.
Aptitude and reasoning was difficult and time taking. R.S Aggarwal is the best for aptitude and reasoning
NOTE- make sure you attempt all the sections to qualify, well I was one of, to qualify written test.
My interview was on 9 March 2011 in Chennai, almost after a month, the result was announced. So you will get enough time for interview preparation .
There will be two round more to go.
1. Group discussion
In GD there will be three round in continuity. It will take almost 1:20 hour so get prepared well.
1) simple GD on a social topic. eg-( euthanasia- mercy killing )
2) ranking some points given and then GD on same. eg-( point on National integration)
3) case study. eg-( a data base of a company).
My interview took about 20 mins. I was first candidate after their lunch, I was still hungry. There was a panel of 4 person. Some of the question they asked.
1. why mechanical?
2. tell your subjects you studied in last sem.
3. how you judge your self a bright study or what?
4 .why SAIL?
5. will you be able to do job any were in India?
6. what is maintenance, its type?
7. what is Entropy, its significance.
8. Define Enthalpy, Unit?
9. Iron carbon diagram draw?
10. steel types
11.what will you do if your worker says that a machine doesn’t need maintenance.
12. what u have contributed to your family.(don’t hesitate to say u are down to earth)
13. carnot cycle, otta cycle all processes.
14 few quick questions on IC engine.
NOTE-More over they ask about the related topics of their field –material science, thermodynamics, IC Engine, production and all cycles.
It was a nice experience throughout the interview. Finally I m selected in SAIL. Result announced on 20 april after 1 month, so no need to waste time on net, as it is crucial.