JEYPEE Placement Paper : CHRD, Noida ,27 November 2010
I am a Mechanical Engineer completed my B.Tech in 2009. from Dr.MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai. Jaypee cement is one of the constitutent unit of Jai Prakash Assocites Ltd(JAYPEE GROUP, a 10000 crore turn over group). Having nearly 18 plants situated acrosss the country in Madhya Pradesh, Gujrat, Himachal, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand.
Jaypee cement have the recruitment process nearly every year through any of the following ways:
1. By Campus Placement(on cmpus and off- campus)
2. By regular advertisement in leading newspaper.
The recruitment process is mainely carried away by CHRD, Noida of Jaypee Group.
Below is the details:
Essentiel Qualification: Engineering Graduates having a min of 65% in Engineering Discilpline and through out
60% across the Entire acedemic carrier(Xth, XIIth)
Age Limit: 25 years
Eligible Branches: Mechanical Electrical, Instrumentation.
Experience: Not Essentiel
Designation: Engineer-II,Field Engineer
Package Offered: A Stipened of 29000/-(per month) alongwith a production incentive (4500-6500, based on achieved target)/- During the training period of 1 year.
After confirmation a Gross Enoulment of (49450/- maximum per month) including all the allowances @ ctc of 6.2 Lakhs per annum.
Selection Procedure: Firstly all the resumes are screened by CHRD group and only selected candidates are called for selection interview/written test.
1. Written Test: Contains 100 question objective type ( 50- technical, 50- apptitude test including G.K.)
2. Interview: Carried away by the Pannel of nealy 4-5 members
3. Offer of appointment. (site allocation)
Personal Experience: Jaypee cement have an quick hiring process the entire selection process is carried in a single day, and the offer of appointment is also given on th e same day.
Technical questions were mainly from entire mechanical engineering curricullam.
* Poissions ratio, thermal stress, Resillence, Strain Energy, Strian Enegry, Relation b/w elastic constants, stess-strain curve.
* Bending moment, Shear Forces, Crtical loads on Column, Flexible link, Instantenous centre, Pitch Curve,
Prime cricle, Module of gear, system of gaer teeth, factor of safety, fatuge strength, theories of failure, metacentre, fins, Biot NO.
* Pradtle no, Thermal diffusivity, Radiation, heat exchanger counter flow, LMTD, Enthalpy, Pradtle no, Thermal diffusivity, Radiation, heat, pump, heat
* Engines efficiency, Avaliablity, staem turbine, I.C. Engines, Vol efficiency, Indiated power, specific output, B.C.C structure.
* Packing factor, Austenite, Pearlite, Aluminium Alloy, Cu Alloy, Extrusion, butt welding, oxy accetlyne welding, Obelique.
* Cutting, rake angle, tool type and materials, tol signaturetaylores equation, some quesions from metrlogy as well.
Questions were mainly from R.S. Khurmi Book. The level was average. Aptitude section was really tough and the Logical reasoning was toughest.
I had attempted 48 questions from technical side and 33 from non technical side. Result of written test was announced after 1 hour and I was selected for personal interview. (out of 386 nearly 100 qualified the test)
Questions asked in technical interview:
1) Tell us about your family background?
2) Tell us about yourself?
3) What is your final percentage of marks?
4) What is the difference between a S.I. Engine and C.I. engine?
5) Which one of the two have higher efficiency and Why?
6) What is IGNITION?
7) Why do you like to join us?
8) Are you ready to be placed anywhere across country?(any faimly objection?)
9) When you will like to join? (Important indication for selection)
Finally, out of 386( called to attend test/interview) 25 were offered appointment advice letter and I was one of them. I got my offer letter at 00:45 am (night time) after 16 hours of continous selection procedure on the same day.
I was placed at "JAYPEE REWA PALNT" (fortunatelly the mother plant of the group).